Supervisor-NOC Technical Support
WNM Communications is a regional telecommunications company successfully providing a broad range of telecommunication solutions for over 40years. WNM Communications is committed to enriching the lives of the customers we serve with the highest quality telecommunication services by making major investments in technology easy. It is our vision to provide rural communities with access to the same level of telecommunications services as those found anywhere else in the US.
Summary/Objective: The NOC Supervisor supervises the department team that responds to alerts received via a number of communications methods to ensure to ensure on time issues are resolved as per the scope of support for WNM customers. The position also supervisors the department for workforce management of field personnel for routing for Technical resolution. A portion of tasks in project management of new activations and system conversions is also a key portion of this department. This position demands superior communications skills, coordination skills and conflict resolution skills.
· Maintain team proficiency on all NOC tasks
· Supervise the day-to-day functions of the assigned team, set schedule, handle staffing requests
· Manage daily call and alert flow assignments to follow up on open tickets and closing tickets
· Coordinate with different departments for successful installation, activation of products, troubleshooting and workforce management of teams
· Knowledge in the areas of WNM products, processes, activation and support procedures
· Incident resolution provide liaison between Client during incident follow-up meetings
· Resolves conflicts on the team, with other teams and with customer through flow through process
· Conduct periodic trainings for the team to become proficient in technical skills; conduct remedial training as needed
• Trouble-shoot problems to the point of failure tier 1 resolve the complaint or escalate
• Open trouble tickets and respond to trouble tickets opened via different platform tools
• Manage customer expectations
• Monitor trouble tickets and assure response time compliance to SLA
• Support customer-specific software and applications or, other production software
• Support customers with afterhours Service Desk currently Neo Nova
• Escalate problems when further assistance is needed, or fault isolation is at a stand-still
· Supervise Monitoring functions and recommend changes in threshold settings
· Validate user accounts in the Tools as applicable to customer infrastructure
· Validate Customer contact information User accounts and alert profiles based on the thresholds
· Advise on requirements and end device security concerns as applicable to customer tools
· Coordinate with IT for upgrades and patch updates
· Provide technical expertise at NOC meetings, as well as planning and scheduling meetings as required.
· Develop, revise and update procedures.
· Provide/secure technical based supervisory oversight of assigned NOC staff.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Discussing trouble-ticket activity and incidents in face-to-face meetings with team management
• Typing incident notes and troubleshooting incidents to resolution
• Work in a NOC Monitoring setup
• Prolonged sitting at a desk in a supportive office chair.
• Handle the requests over Ticket/Email/Call and managing the customer expectations
Required Education/Experience and Competencies:
• BS CS degree, or work experience equivalent, is desired
• 1 - 2 years of help desk experience in a call center environment (or equivalent) is required
• IT Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, CCNA or other certifications are desired or work experience equivalent
• Willingness/ability to work overtime to support customers, as needed
• Telephone communication skills; remain empathetic and courteous while speaking to customers about frustrating, complicated service problems
• Manage emotions and do not take customer complaints personally
• Excellent time management skills, be accountable for and properly work time and break time
• Good written communication skills; type updates to trouble tickets to include detailed troubleshooting comments and details; must demonstrate close attention to detail
EEO Statement: WNM provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information and other characteristics that are protected by applicable law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Why Work Here?WNM Communications is located in the beautiful Southwest New Mexico.
Well established company with an excellent benefit package.