WNCP CHILDREN'S WEEKDAY MINISTRY Nashville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you love children and want to work in a friendly, encouraging, Christian environment with a team of enthusiastic and caring teachers? West Nashville Cumberland Presbyterian Children's Weekday Ministry could be the place for you!
The Children's Weekday Ministry at WNCP is a growing 3-star child care center, currently interviewing for two full time teachers. We are looking for an infant/toddler teacher for young toddlers (16-24 months) as well as a substitute. Our preschool hours are 9:00-3:00 with extended care beginning at 7:15 am and ending at 5:15 pm (hours subject to change during Covid affected times). We are open year round, closed for national holidays and have 5 weekdays off at Christmas. Classroom teachers are offered paid time off after required 3 month probationary period. Compensation based on education and experience.
- Attendance and punctuality are vital.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Employees must be of the Christian faith.
- At least 18 years of age and provide proof of high school graduation/GED.
- Prefer professional child care experience.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills (fluent in English).
- Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification is a plus.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- The ability to lift 40 pounds.
- The ability to sit on the floor.
- The ability to respond quickly to toddlers.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive wages - based on experience and education
- Child care discount available
- Paid personal and holidays available following 90 day probationary period.
www.wncp.org - click on Children's Weekday Ministry for additional information
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.50 - $17.00 per hour
WNCP CHILDREN'S WEEKDAY MINISTRYWhy Work Here?
I never LOVED Mondays until I came to this place. We're more than co-workers, we're family.
6849 Old Charlotte Pike NashvilleNashville, TN
EducationView all jobs at WNCP CHILDREN'S WEEKDAY MINISTRY