The part-time (20 – 30 hours/week) HR Coordinator is responsible for the Naperville, IL office recruitment and staffing needs, including screening and recommending placement of staff. It also assists with general HR duties concerning employee relations, employee development, performance management, and the employee onboarding and exit process. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good understanding of clerical and specialized functions within the division, as well as intermediate knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assists onsite management, HR Director and/or CHRO with employee development and performance management activities.
- Assists with new hire setup and onboarding.
- Completes Forms I-9 and verifies I-9 documentation.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with coordination of employee training and other onsite events.
- Assists with new hire benefits and annual open enrollment process.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Interacts with and supplies information to job applicants, employees, and managers.
- Provides operational support to onsite management, Human Resources Director and CHRO.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· Coordinates with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s) and develop specific recruiting plans.
· Prepares job postings.
· Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
· Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
· Assists site managers in developing best-practice interviewing and screening techniques.
· Screens and refers qualified applicants to hiring manager for interviewing. Provides initial screening to obtain work history, education, training, job skills and salary requirements. Participates in interview process (by phone or in person) as needed.
· Provides basic information on company operations and job opportunities to potential applicants.
· Coordinates appropriate employment testing.
· May conduct reference checks; coordinates background checks and new-hire drug testing.
· Responds with follow-up letters to candidates at the end of recruiting process.
· Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
· Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations.
· Maintains records on recruiting activities as required.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- At least 2-3 years of prior human resources experience, including recruiting and employee relations.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- PHR or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- Hands on experience with various selection processes.
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to discreetly handle confidential information.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Proficiency in MS Office and in database software.
· Medical / Dental / Vision (starts on first of the following month following hire date if working minimum 30 hours/week)
· 401(k) after 30 days with 4% company match
· Generous PTO and holiday pay annually
· Company paid life insurance & long-term disability for employees working 30+ hours/week
· Other voluntary supplemental plans: Long-term care, short-term disability, critical illness, cancer and accident protection for employees working 30+ hours/week
Must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check