We are WNC, a leading underwriting agency in the Property & Casualty insurance marketplace. We focus on specialty classes of insurance that require imagination, innovation and the highest caliber of client service.
WNC is taking significant and transformative steps to build its leadership team, make critical investments in technology and implement strategies to achieve strategic growth in the marketplace.
Founded in 1962, WNC is a wholly owned company of Tokio Marine Kiln, one of the largest carriers in the Lloyds of London insurance market and a member of the Tokio Marine Group, a multinational insurance group with a market capitalization of more than $33 billion. WNC has corporate offices in South Pasadena, California and Chicago, Illinois and operating centers in Dallas, Texas, Naperville, Illinois and Miami, Florida.
If you’re looking to advance your career, WNC is the perfect professional home. At WNC, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put your expertise into action on major projects, and work on game-changing initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties assigned as necessary.
· • Provide customer service support to lenders, borrowers, insureds, claimants and all internal and external customers.
• Responsible for all aspects of claims adjusting including but not limited to: verifying facts of loss, policy interpretation, coverage analysis, evaluation of damages and settlement.
• Utilize field adjusters to evaluate damages, inspect property and gain necessary information/documentation. • Ensure accuracy of field adjuster estimates and timely completion of assigned claims.
• Utilize claim systems to enter all written and verbal communication with customers and all relevant parties throughout the life of the claim.
• Enter claim and expense payments into claim systems within assigned authority. Forward payments over authority to Manager for review and approval.
• Compose denial/partial denial letters based upon facts of the loss and relative policy information.
• Participate in file audits and roundtable discussions.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners on special projects.
• Handle intricate and complex claims, including public adjuster and/or attorney-represented losses.
• Obtain and maintain licensing in all required states within timeline provided by management.
• On occasion, takes claim information via telephone, fax, e-mail or regular mail and creates a record of loss in the appropriate claim system.
- EXCELLENCE- Accuracy/Quality of work focused on providing outstanding customer service
- FAIRNESS- Proper claims adjudication and cost control
- COLLABORATION- Ability to work cohesively with team, internal/external customers and active participation in cross divisional projects
- INTEGRITY- Unwavering work ethic, judgement making and job knowledge
- EMPOWERMENT- Make informed decisions and take ownership for work product and actions
- INNOVATION- Provide innovation solutions that enhance our products and services to add value for our customers
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or its equivalent; More than 5 years experience in related work fields
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Possesses a higher knowledge of specific insurance-related terminology, concepts, practices and procedures.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures for auto/property claim handling
Computer literate (knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel)
Typing/data entry (40 w.p.m.) and 10-key skills
Strong oral and written communication skills, especially a pleasant telephone manner
Strong customer service skills including the ability to manage demanding requests
Excellent organizational skills
Must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are Encouraged to Apply (EOE, M/F/D/V)