Consultant OSP Telecom Engineering - Process Improvement
- Posted: over a month ago
Consultant OSP Telecom Engineering – Process Improvement
Are you a rock star at building out greenfield and lit fiber? Do you have a great can-do attitude and solid overall network implementation experience? Are you an excellent problem solver and communicator—able to navigate design, construction, scheduling and turn up intricacies associated with buildouts, while also mentoring and advising teams in the field to success? Are you interested in joining a boutique consulting firm that drives innovation, acceleration, and benefits realization for our Fortune 100 clients? Are you interested in working closely with senior-level management, upping your skills, and accelerating your career in Network Implementation & Operations Management?
About the Role:
WNA Ltd. is looking for a Consultant OSP Telecom Engineering with 3+ years’ experience managing fiber network implementation to completion and or telecommunications outside plant construction. You will collaborate with other WNA team members and our client to improve and industrialize the fiber buildout process by streamlining and enhancing all phases of fiber buildout to connect subscriber residence or business locations. In addition, will work jointly with leadership, project, and program stakeholders to improve program processes, define and achieve program goals, and mitigate program risks.
This is not a supervisory role; it is hands-on. The successful team member will often be required to document and present rationale for improvement strategy and implementation plans, and pivots.
This role will require travel once or twice per month, for two to three days of onsite collaboration each.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Engaging with network implementation teams, program and business stakeholders to document processes and dependencies.
- Engaging with clients to collaboratively assess, enhance and transform network implementation processes
- Identifying best practices to keep and design new flows to decrease bottlenecks
- Identifying potential new standards and operational frameworks
- Meeting with key stakeholders across each component and phase to identify practical, adaptive solutions
- Developing process improvement solutions based on factors ensuring on-time completion
- Demonstrated experience in a majority of the components and phases of a telecom fiber optic implementation, including planning, buildout, and operations
- Effective communicator with ability to bring solutions and inspiration to the team and with a bias towards action
- Skilled at presenting crisp information to team and senior executives
- 3+ combined years of practical, hands-on experience in OSP field engineer fiber delivery
- 3+ combined years of OSP network implementation project management
- High level management and leadership abilities
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and adopt new approaches quickly
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience in hands-on project and or program management
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- (Desired) Practical experience with site forecasting, acquisition, and design
- (Desired) Practical experience with construction, installation, deployment of lit fiber
- (Desired) Practical experience with provisioning, maintenance, upgrade and operations of regional and national fiber networks
Competencies and Attributes
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following characteristics and competencies that define the culture at WNA:
Leadership – Inspires positive action leading to desired results; Motivates teams, both WNA and client, toward a common goal; Leads by example; Models an economy of effort and achievement; Demonstrates a standard of excellence that creates alignment around business benefits and objectives.
Integrity – Shares principles and values core to WNA, including honesty and teamwork.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve sales and service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with Market Segment goals.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve client business goals; Understands clients strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies clients external threats and opportunities; Adapts solutions to changing conditions.
Innovation – Takes initiative; Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for solving problems and identifying business needs; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention and gains trust of the client.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Influences and negotiates without conflict; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates executive level conversation and presentation skills, including deft objection handling; Generates excitement and enthusiasm.
Presentation – Develops vivid images and stories to support communications; Incorporates graphics, data and text in a seamless and coherent way to help clearly articulate and summarize client challenges and solutions and WNA’s value proposition. Hands on creation and creativity with presentation development tools including PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and others. Outstanding presentation delivery.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to audience; Presents numerical data effectively; Edits work for spelling, grammar, punctuation and overall quality; Able to read, interpret and summarize large volumes of written information.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data from appropriate sources and applies data science and data analytics; Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Moves along the spectrum from bad data to good data, information, insight, action, impact and results.
Strong References – Has a strong network of references willing to speak to character, integrity and past success.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas; all other US locations considered
Compensation: $75,000 – $120,000 per year commensurate with demonstrated, quantified experience. and outcomes. Benefits & bonus potential.
Timing/Duration: Immediate. Accelerate your career with WNA as one of our employee Team Members.
WNA is a global Transformation and Technology solutions provider. WNA brings leadership, analytics, solutions, acceleration, integration, change management, risk management, and business results to our clients’ largest, most important, and most complex business and technology challenges. WNA's dynamic environment has excellent opportunities for people who want to join a growing business and provide unsurpassed client service and leadership to some of the top companies in the world. Great opportunities for those who want to lead and contribute to the growth of our business—and accelerate your career. If you haven't heard of us yet, you will. WNA.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?