- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
W.M. Sprinkman, a Member of the Krones Process Group, is a leading manufacturer of Stainless-steel tanks and skidded systems. Our tanks and skidded systems, meet a variety of needs for the food and beverage industry. We focus on custom products, designed specifically to meet our customer's requirements. Our key markets include Brewing, Dairy, and Pharmaceuticals. We reward hard work; by offering competitive pay, benefits, and a generous amount of paid time off. At W.M. Sprinkman, you will be valued; and your talents will be recognized. Please apply to join our growing team.
JOB PURPOSE or JOB SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Operations Manager and Design Group Lead, the Estimator/Design Engineer will perform tasks including (but not limited to) generating complete mechanical designs of various process systems and vessels, shop fabrication drawings and sub-system components, creating and maintaining drawings, and bills of material. Additional responsibilities include estimating, product development, and manufacturing oversight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform engineering duties required to analyze new and existing products in the areas of design, function, manufacturability, styling, and other factors to provide design simplification, standardization, reliability, parts interchangeability, cost reduction, etc. for products including the following:
- Stainless Steel Tank and Processor Design
- ASME Tank Design & Calculations
- Platform & Skid Design
- Custom Liquid Processing Equipment
- ASME B31.1 and B31.3 Process Piping Design
- Support Process Engineering by working with internal and external customers to design and execute manufactured product scope including the final specification and sizing of equipment
- Collaborate with Engineering team to prepare original layout, assembly, schematic, detail and proposal drawings, and other technical documents
- Creation, alteration, and refinement of mechanical part/assembly drawings and bills of material to capture design intent and document the key aspects in the design and development of systems and components to specific customer requirements and product applications
- Create 3D piping drawings for process skids in coordination with Process Engineering and Fabrication.
- Ability to design products to meet any regulatory requirement, as necessary for assigned projects.
- Review and verify design drawings and other technical documentation to ensure correctness and accuracy in form, fit, and function
- Request quotations and product specifications on materials and equipment from purchasing and/or vendors
- Create estimates for a variety of products, including tanks, skids, platforms, etc.
- Maintain ongoing project requirements, schedules, and specifications for multiple projects in a deadline-based environment
- Perform other duties as required, including estimating and oversight of shop fabrication of systems and components.
- Work in unison with Operations, Purchasing, Project Management, to meet deadlines, quality, and fabrication needs.
- Travel to different facilities and/or customer sites as needed.
*An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Performance to Standards
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred
Experience and/or Training:
- 8+ years mechanical design experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment preferably with knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures of engineered to order products.
- Experience with AutoCAD and 3D CAD; Inventor experience a plus
- Ability to read and create technical drawings, Bills of Material, Methods of Manufacture, etc. through computer applications (Inventor, AutoCAD, MS Excel, ERP System, etc.).
- The ability to read and interpret piping and instrumentation drawings (P&ID’s). Experience with process control mechanisms and instrumentation beneficial.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Proficiency with PC and Windows Operating system, Microsoft Office Suite.
- General social skills, capacity for teamwork, problem-solving competence, general project management, time- and self-management, coordination and organizational skills, and communication skills.
PHYSICAL / WORKING DEMANDS:
- The work environment is a professional office environment where a conservative business dress code is in effect. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position will require visits to the manufacturing floor as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Equipment used includes a computer, calculator, measuring devices.
- Ability to understand both spoken and written directions and good vision required.
- Personal protective equipment required includes protective-toed safety shoes and safety glasses with side shields (when on the manufacturing floor.
- Maintain a safe working environment and comply with all safety and environmental policies/procedures. Each employee is to place environmental, health, and safety requirements as the priority in the performance of their work duties. An employee is responsible for notifying their immediate supervisor of a violation or deficiency in working conditions and for recommending corrective measures, if possible. Additionally, the employee’s immediate supervisor is to be notified of every injury or illness, or near miss.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
WM Sprinkman LLC
Get fresh Manufacturing Design Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!