Class A CDL Local Truck Driver
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Excellent Benefit Package - Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision, Matching 401K, Paid holidays and Vacation
1) Friday through Monday Position Available
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- 10 Hour days, 4 days a week (Fri, Sat, Sun Mon)
- Must be able to work weekends
- Driver is responsible for transporting raw materials , from the rail site, to our WL Plastics location.
- Driver will be responsible for the recycling of product scrap and provide assistance in Quality and Production through various tasks, this may include general housekeeping and clean up.
- Driver will report to the Quality Assurance Manager at the manufacturing facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Operate and maintain a tractor and pneumatic tank trailer.
- Perform general maintenance when needed to tractor and trailer.
- Perform pre-trip/post-trip vehicle inspection. Load and unload pneumatic tank trailer.
- Maintain records per DOT regulations.
- Operate maintenance grinding machine. Operate forklift, man lift and other industrial vehicles.
- Operate various industrial hand and power tools.
- Perform general maintenance to equipment and machinery.
- General shop duties.
- Cut, stack and clean product material for recycling.
- Perform product compliance with WL Plastics Quality program as defined in the Quality Program manual. (QPM) Other duties as assigned by QA Manger/Plant Manager.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a non-U.S. citizen having legal status to reside and work in the U.S for reasons other than practical training.
- Hours are Friday through Monday, 10+ hour shifts
- Must have a current Class A CDL driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a medical certificate upon accepting position.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years Class A CDL driving experience with tanker endorsement.
- Preferred candidate will have knowledge and understanding of pneumatic tank trailer
- Must be able to work safely in a production and industrial environment.
- Must be physically capable of performing job related tasks and job duties, including abliity to climb, stand, stoop, and lift objects up to 50LBS.
- Good organizational skills-ability to determine priorities, manage time properly, and multi-task.
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding of DOT rules and regulations.
- Ability to work in a team environment with positive outcomes.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work inside and outside during inclement weather.
- Must be able to work 10 hr work days, occasional weekends included.
- Time will be spent among rail sites, facility, production floor, and lab areas.
- A majority of time may be spent driving to/from rail site with the possibility of working additional hours on the production floor.
- This is not a laboratory position
- Work closely with quality personnel, quality manager, and plant manager.
The company provides training in safety, equipment operation and maintenance, quality procedures, quality tool operation, policies and procedures.
WL Plastics has a promote-from-within philosophy.
Occasional travel to other sites may be required.
WL Plastics is the premiere North American manufacturer of high performance, high density polyethylene pipe for the energy, industrial, and municipal water markets. To learn more about our company visit our website at www.wlplastics.com.
Candidates may be subject to a background check, drug and alcohol screen, and functional capacity test in accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
AddressRapid City, SD
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at WL Plastics