At Denny’s we love to feed people! Taking good care of our guests provides meaningful work for our team members, allowing them to be both fulfilled and successful.
If you have a passion for food and serving others, see what your future can hold at Denny’s. Please apply directly or visit our website ( https://www.wksusa.com/careers) for more information.
The General Manager is responsible to support all elements of day-to-day operations; including increasing sales, meeting profit objectives, execution of new program, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with the District Manager, develops restaurant operating plans supportive of company and market strategies which will achieve business growth (sales and profit) and guest satisfaction.
- Plans, schedules and analyzes unit's staffing including future management needs, ensuring sufficient development and training of all employees.
- Exercises discretion in addressing changing demands of the business.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared and served in accordance with Brand Standards.
- Maintains proper inventory levels for both food and nonfood items in accordance with company guidelines using correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield application.
- Ensures guest satisfaction through directing operational execution of proper service in a clean and pleasant environment. Makes changes to the operation as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction. Enforces Brand Standards service requirements.
- Investigates customer feedback, coordinates response and provides guidance to management and employees to improve customer service.
- Responsible to maintain and up hold all Brand’s Corporate Brand Standards, Recipe standards and best practices in our restaurants.
- Responsible to maintain and up hold compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations in our restaurants.
- Ensures that proper management procedures and practices for the facility and equipment are adhered to through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and that safety and sanitation requirements are met. Meets all food safety standards.
- Embodies, promotes and teaches Company values and policies at all times in all aspects of restaurant operations, with a strong focus on Safety.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of restaurant management. Responsible for the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of hourly employees. Maintains accurate and complete paperwork relating to restaurant and personnel administrative requirements.
- Manages controllable expenses focusing on labor standard, cash, R & M, food costs, and other operating expenses. Analyzes financial reports and develops and implements plans for areas needing improvement.
- Maintains awareness of local market trends, competitive stance and opportunities. Selects and implements appropriate local restaurant marketing programs, with assistance and guidance from the District Manager and field support representatives.
- Creates and maintains a positive work environment, ensuring open communications. Communicates employee relations issues or problems to the District Manager and Human Resources. Administers disciplinary process according to established procedures.
- Demonstrates commitment to a high level of service and hospitality. Responds to concerns and complaints in a professional and non-defensive manner.
- Influences supervisors, subordinates and peers effectively. Manages disagreements and conflicts in an open, constructive and timely manner.
- Strong leadership skills and high level of flexibility is required.
HOSPITALITY & GUEST SERVICE SKILLS
- All employees are expected to provide customer service that is extraordinary and exceeds the expectations of our guests.
- Employees are required to follow established policies and guidelines that go beyond simply smiling, greeting, and being nice to guests. Going above and beyond encompasses attitudes, respect, and flexibility.
- Employees are expected to have a positive “can-do” attitude; to treat others with respect; and easily adjust to changes in the work place.
- Strong knowledge of restaurant’s operations.
- Ability to successfully provide day to day results.
- Ability to evaluate and positively impact the environment.
- Ability to provide on-the-job training for others.
- Competitive Wages
- Career/Growth Opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) with Generous Company Match
- Bonus Program
- Free Meals
- Management Training
Sunrise Restaurants, LLC dba Denny’s, an affiliate of WKS Restaurant Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WKS USAHeadquartered in Cypress, California, WKS Restaurant Group is a licensed franchisee of El Pollo Loco, Wendy’s, Denny’s, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Blaze Pizza and Corner Bakery Cafe.