District Manager - Restaurant
WKS USA Las Cruces, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
KS Restaurant Group is a dynamic, rapidly growing multi-concept franchise restaurant developer and operator, operating over 320 stores in 19 states. WKS is a licensed franchisee of El Pollo Loco, Wendy’s, Denny’s, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Blaze Pizza and Corner Bakery Café.
The District Manager will manage between 6-10 Denny's Restaurants in our New Mexico and El Paso, TX Markets. The ideal candidate will be based out of Las Cruces, Alamogordo and/or EL Paso.
This position has full authority to hire, develop, appraise, motivate, promote, reward, discipline, transfer, and approve time and attendance of restaurant team members.
Provides leadership and management of multiple restaurants in a geographic area: ensures achievement of restaurant sales and budgetary targets; drives and delivers exceptional customer service; establishes and maintains operational standards in compliance with federal, state and local laws, including food quality, food safety, and restaurant safety; preserves brand integrity of restaurant facilities; establishes and maintains performance standards; and coaches, develops and supports management team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, coaches, develops, trains, manages and mentors General Managers in all aspects of the position, including achievement of performance standards (e.g., FSA’s, Mystery Shops, RCP, etc.). Holding all members of their management teams accountable for meeting operational goals and company standards.
- Visits restaurants regularly on an announced and unannounced basis to conduct evaluations for ensuring operational compliance with, and not limited to: facilities and staff appearance, food quality/preparation/safety/portion control, inventory management, proper staff training, employee and guest safety, labor scheduling, and employee relations.
- Manages and evaluates restaurant operations to ensure company standards and performance targets are achieved including compliance with the Operation’s Manual, federal/state/local regulations, and Company policies & procedures.
- Utilizes available reports to analyze monthly sales, profit and budgetary results, providing timely feedback, analysis and direction to the restaurant management; collaborates with each General Managers to create plans to reduce costs, build sales and maximize profit figures over last year’s performance results, in accordance to budget standards.
- Provides effective and timely resolution to all guest and employee complaints, conflicts and employee relations that cannot be resolved at a lower management level.
- Investigates and settles security and cash violations.
- Represents the Company at state and federal agencies, as needed.
- Manages people development and succession planning process for management. Develops, grooms and readies high potential General Managers for position advancement: provides one-on-one training, role modeling, developmental job assignments, and guided self-study materials.
- Oversees and facilitates the development of Assistant Managers and Shift Leaders. Assists with hourly employee’s process through coaching and training.
- Champions effective vertical and horizontal communications within the geographic area including Company-wide news of interest, upcoming events, new facilities, promotions, product developments, “Best Practices” among peers, etc.
- Ensures open channels for employee suggestions.
- Conducts meetings on a regular basis. Interacts professionally and ethically, constructively participating as a collaborative team leader in pursuit of common goals, including active attendance to meetings. ·
- Initiates cost-effective suggestions to improve operational procedures.
- Gathers, consolidates and supplies data to assist in the development of chain-wide policies.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required, BA/BS degree preferred;
- 5+ years of experience as a District Manager in a QSR/Casual Dining Environment preferred with a track record of success in leading, managing, coaching and developing high performance teams.
- Current driver’s license required as frequent weekly travel is involved.
- Current ServSafe certification required.
Headquartered in Cypress, California, WKS Restaurant Group is a licensed franchisee of El Pollo Loco, Wendy’s, Denny’s, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Blaze Pizza and Corner Bakery Cafe.