Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) is seeking a sharp-minded, versatile Administrative Associate to provide administrative support and assistance to the engineers and scientists in our Janney Technical Center laboratory in Northbrook, IL. This role requires exceptional interpersonal skills, a high degree of organization, and the ability to work well in a collaborative environment. While there is a good deal of independent work, our administrative associates function as a team and often pass work back and forth as competing deadlines demand. This individual will need to multitask and prioritize multiple projects as well as work and communicate with multiple project managers of diverse professional backgrounds. The candidate will have strong writing skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work product.
WJE employs extraordinary people—people with exceptional talent and outstanding character with a willingness to excel as members of the WJE team. WJE encourages people to be innovative, supports professional activities, and provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you believe you fit this profile and meet the requirements detailed below, we want to hear from you!
- College Degree (recent graduates will be considered) with some relevant administrative support experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and related programs (e,g, Adobe Acrobat)
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills who can work closely with other administrative associates to ensure flow of work
- Ability to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines (typical workday schedule from 9 AM to 6 PM)
- High capacity for learning, retaining, and executing processes of a technical nature
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize tasks, and work independently
- Detail-oriented and committed to producing top quality work
- Outstanding poise and professionalism
- Capacity to function well under tight deadlines and various staff needs
- Proofreading, editing, and formatting documents
- Preparing and developing documents including letters, reports, presentations, and marketing support materials
- Utilizing laboratory sample, field equipment, and calibration/maintenance tracking systems
- Coordinating various shipping and receiving tasks
- Completing monthly billing tasks and various financial reports
- Coordinating and preparing for meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Organizing work space and procuring office supplies
- Performing general office and laboratory administrative duties including filing, copying, printing, scanning, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability along with the ability to read and write. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office equipment. Position mainly involves working at a desk and requires the ability to remain for extended periods at a workstation.
WJE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, minorities, women, and protected veterans. (VEVRAA federal contractor)
WJE will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.