Location: Hamilton Township, NJ
Job Type: Full Time
Welcome to the WIRB-Copernicus Group (WCG) where we only recruit the best, brightest, and highest quality people to join our team. Founded in 1968 to protect human volunteers in research, WCG became the pioneer of independent ethical review, and continues to partner with the world’s most scientifically innovative biopharmaceutical and medical device companies, academic medical centers, and hospitals to drive medical progress with new drugs, products, medical devices and treatments.
Today, WCG's transformational solutions are built upon the foundation of ethical review, but have grown to include a suite of complementary ingenious services and technologies that expand the capabilities of the modern research professional. WCG is proud to serve the individuals on the frontlines of science and medicine, and the organizations that strive to develop new products and therapies to improve the quality of human health. It is our role to empower them to accelerate advancement, while ensuring that the risks of progress never outweigh the value of human life.
We continue to grow rapidly and we are searching only for those who are at the top of their craft to join our high-performing team. If you bring talent, results, and integrity, then we welcome you to apply to WCG!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the President of the Patient Engagement Division, the General Manager is responsible for integrating the strategic plan of MedAvante-ProPhase, Inc. with the operations. The GM provides direct management oversight for the Operations organization and matrixed management and oversight of the shared services groups of Information Technology, Finance and Human Capital Management. They will oversee multiple US office locations.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of professional progressive leadership experience with a proven track record of success.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an executive leadership position in a clinical services company, with technology services experience preferred.
- Seeking an individual with expertise in planning and tailoring the organizational structure and driving change management as necessary to achieve business results.
- Ability to simultaneously focus on systems, process development, quality, fiscal management, compliance and management measures, work culture enhancement and internal communication while driving business growth.
- Mastery working through complex circumstances while demonstrating strategic thinking and conflict resolution, as well as influencing decisions, motivationally leading people and matrixed-teams in a dynamically changing environment with multiple priorities, deadlines and company goals.
- Create and maintain yearly budget and exhibit fiscal responsibility by managing operations within budget guidelines.
- Collaboratively partner internally across the company, as well as with alliance partners.
- Seeking a leader with a “take-charge” ability...tempered with diplomacy
- Outstanding team-building and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for individual meetings and also while speaking with large groups.
- Full P&L responsibility, including proven ability to achieve and exceed financial targets to drive successful business outcomes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Responsible for all aspects of the overall daily management and leadership of the Company
- Accountable for the development and execution of the annual business plan.
- Works through the management team and leadership of the company, ultimately accountable for reducing costs, enhancing revenues, achieving quality goals and objectives, analyzing and utilizing information to develop and support management decisions.
- Develops and fosters effective relationships/collaborations between departments internal and external to ensure an integrated approach to providing products and services.
- Strengthen and grow the organization through effective management of human capital and development of appropriate, disciplined business processes.
- Follow through and drive/oversee decisions made in management meetings and ensures proper execution.
- Work with department heads to ensure that priorities are clear, coordination with internal and external groups is good and operational objectives and performance goals are met.
- Conduct regular reviews of department performance and decide on actions required as a result.
- Responsible for taking charge in high-priority situations, ensuring appropriate resolution.
- Contribute to building a work environment where performance standards drive and set the pace and quality of staff efforts.
The position will require the individual to be responsible for the management, direction, coordination, performance, and evaluation of an assigned team and staff. Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to travel domestic and internationally, approximately 20% of the time, including overnight stays as necessary, consistent with project needs and office location.
WCG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer – Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.