Location: Cary, NC
Job Type: Full Time - Regular
Are you interested in the health care field? Are you looking for a way to make a difference without spending your days in a lab or doing hands-on patient care? PharmaSeek, part of the WCG family, may be the right place for you.
The Clinical Research Analyst is responsible for assisting research institutions with budget development and negotiation, coverage analysis, and clinical trial management system services. The Clinical Research Analyst will complete these critical functions in a manner designed to expedite the conclusion of the start-up process for our clients while maintaining a high level of quality.
We are in need of critical thinkers to help interpret Medicare/Medicaid guidelines, analyze clinical research protocols, and work directly with our clients to develop and negotiate clinical trial budgets. No clinical research experience is necessary. We will train you on what you need to know.
Essential Job duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret Medicare/Medicaid coverage decisions and national guidelines to determine what procedures are billed to the sponsor and which are billed to Medicare/private insurance
- Code each procedure per the applicable CPT/HCPCS coding guidelines
- Identify appropriate research modifiers to be placed on claims
- Develop and negotiate clinical trial budgets based on client’s preferred pricing methodologies
- Build studies within client’s clinical trial management system (CTMS)
- Work with Senior Clinical Research Analysts and Manager to review and alter deliverables as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Science, Mathematics, or another related field
- No clinical research experience is necessary.
- Ability to work in a performance-driven environment: a proactive, results-driven and goal-oriented approach
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and scientific product-related information in a consultative manner
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to understand clinical terms and descriptors and strong investigative skills with ability to think “outside the box”
- Excellent communication (oral/written) and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
We will train you on what you need to know. However, if you happen to know a little bit about clinical research or Medicare guidelines, that is a definite plus. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field is required. Successful candidates will possess strong investigative and analytical skills and the ability to organize and manage all the details.
PFS Clinical, a member of the WCG Clinical family, provides administrative solutions that focus on the unique and complex challenges inherent to clinical research. Partnering with PFS Clinical allows institutions to decrease study start-up times, overhead costs, and internal training, while truly allowing personnel to refocus their attention to quality patient care. Our unique knowledge and expertise differentiate our business practices and provide unparalleled solutions for academic medical centers, community hospitals, health systems.
WCG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer – Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.