Program Administrative Assistant
WINGS for Kids Columbia, SC
- Expired: August 12, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Program Administrative Assistant (PAA) serves as a support staff member within the WINGS after-school social and emotional learning (SEL) program at each of our partner elementary schools. The individual will support the operation of programming through administrative activities and serve as the point of contact for program, staff, and student data.
Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Prep for grant related monitoring visits
- Enter and update student data into Efforts to Outcome (ETO) in a timely manner
- Assign enrolled students to Nest groups, academic centers and choice times
- Assign students to groups in ASAP
- Manage program wait list including management by grade and gender and accepting students as space becomes available
- Assist in program implementation in absence of Program Coordinator & Coach (PCC) as needed
Student Engagement & Development
- Research potential partners for Choice Time offerings
- Document and monitor student progress
- Determine soaring star students
- Manage Choice Time (CT) activities by creating CT ballots, assigning kids and entering into ETO
- Collaborate with PCC to identify needs such as supplies, partnerships, and student resources to support student engagement
- Select and train WINGS Ambassadors
- Assist with interviews for new WINGS members
- Prepare and distribute materials to support programs, training and other needs
- Serve as point of contact and facilitator for employee and student recognition initiatives such as birthdays, anniversaries, general appreciation and the like
- Model WINGS culture, create climate with staff
- Model, assist coach of curriculum techniques
- Provide input of staff performance for evaluations
- Establish internal and external relationships with key stakeholders such as enrichment partners, grant monitors, principals, and parents
- Communicate with teachers, parents, school administration and support faculty with timeliness and consistency via phone, email, written, and in-person
- Maintain confidentiality of student information
- Communicate with and support partners and their engagement with students
- Manage all family communication and engagement efforts
- Conduct exit interviews and record information regarding attrition reasons
- Order uniforms for WINGS Leaders
- Assist with new hire fingerprinting
- Coordinate with HR on staff-related updates
- Assign, review, update and communicate transportation methods for bus routes and riders
- Create and maintain participant sign out sheets
- Enter, track and maintain information such as attendance, student data, group enrollment and other information in ETO system
- Collect and enter assessments in ETO; verify for accuracy
The ideal PAA will be organized and patient with a positive demeanor. He/she must be flexible to learn in a fast-paced and varied environment. He/she will also have a passion for children and strong desire to improve the lives of at-risk, low income youth.
- Must be flexible and able to handle a multitude of unexpected responsibilities as they arise.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Good computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to follow instructions and carefully review deliverables for accuracy.
- Ability to think reactively and proactively.
- Ability to interact and serve well with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness and ability to serve evenings and occasional weekends.
- Experience with elementary education/youth development and social emotional learning is preferred.
- Must live the WINGS pledge every day.
- BA or MA in related field.
- Nonprofit/NGO experience preferred.
- Actively able to participate in activities with or without accommodations
- Able to verbally communicate with kids and provide instructions
- Visual ability to recognize hazards in the activity setting and the auditory ability to respond appropriately
- Competitive workforce skills in leadership and social emotional abilities
- Paid time off during the academic year for school breaks, holidays and other closures
- Rewards recognition system
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Growth opportunities for advancement
- Health Coverage
Salary range: $31,500 - $34,000 per year
Position located in Columbia, South Carolina
WINGS for Kids
BusinessView all jobs at WINGS for Kids