Reporting to: Restaurant Manager/GM/Bartenders
Summary of position
The Busser is responsible for clearing and resetting tables in the restaurant which may be accomplished by adhering to the policies of the restaurant operation using standards and procedures as set by Windmills Craftworks training manual.
The primary accountabilities for this position include:
- Assist the other bussers and servers monitoring and coordinating the day to day operations of his/her section during each shift and ensures all FOH SOP’s (including HACCP) are duly followed and fully executed.
- Have an understanding of food, wine, cocktails, and beers.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and customer service oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Work as a part of a team as well as complete assignments independently; to take instructions from Manager
- Exercise problem solving skills and to interact with co-workers, Managers, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Communicate effectively with restaurant manager, servers and host/hostess as appropriate to ensure the guest experience is as enjoyable and effortless as possible.
- Must be pleasant, hospitable and attentive to guests at all times.
- Must be knowledgeable of general house information in order to assist guests at any time.
- Must complete opening/closing duties (side work).
- Responsible to clear used china, glass and silver utensils from guest tables timely after guest finishes course.
- Communicate effectively with servers; host/hostess and restaurant manager to ensure guest experience is as enjoyable and effortless as possible.
- Engage guests with a pleasant greeting while performing duties.
- Transfer trays of cleared dirty china, glass and silver from service floor to appropriate location in kitchen dish room area.
- Refill guest water glasses and replace missing utensils as necessary.
- Transfer trays of prepared food from kitchen to service floor area.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time