- Posted: 25 days ago
Apply online at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/williams
The Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and disseminating information to increase public awareness of Williams County’s services, initiatives, and accomplishments.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents in this position. The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and may change with or without notice. Incumbents must be able to perform the essential function of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Creates, updates, manages, and maintains content for the Williams County website and social media platforms, including the coordination and development of content, monitoring interactions, and maintaining accounts
- Acts as the primary contact for media; responds to requests for information or designates an appropriate spokesperson or information source
- Prepares and distributes press releases; translates information to provide a clear message to the public
- Establishes and maintains relationships with stakeholders in internal and external communications
- Creates, edits, and updates communication materials and publications such as posters, graphics, handouts, slideshow presentations, signs, photographs, and videos
- Tracks public policy, legislative bills, and related actions related to Williams County
- Generates emails, letters, and other correspondence on behalf of Williams County
- Prepares and provides information in response to Open Record Requests
- Provides technical assistance at Board of County Commission meetings and other meetings as assigned; provides technical assistance for users of iCompass agenda and meeting management software
- Coordinates meeting room scheduling and accommodations
- Coordinates and assists with meetings and special events
- Maintains confidentiality of non-public records and makes available all data and information deemed a public record by the North Dakota Century Code.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business administration, or a closely related field; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Must possess a valid North Dakota Driver’s License or equivalent
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Preferred: FEMA PIO Coursework
Special Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Required to attend meetings outside of regular work hours
Compensation for this position is $53,000-$72,000 depending on experience and training. Williams County provides generous benefits to full-time regular employees: paid sick and vacation leave, a fully paid health/dental/vision benefit plan for employees and dependents, term life insurance of $25,000, 100% contribution toward retirement benefits through the ND Public Employees Retirement System, and 12 paid holidays each year.
To learn more about Williams County, please visit our website: www.williamsnd.com/departments/county-information/
All offers of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, background check, and reference review.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?