Quality Assurance Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- The purpose of positions in this classification is to perform inspection and testing of electrical components and analysis of statistical data to ensure optimum efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- The following duties are considered essential job duties. These are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Other related job duties may be assigned.
- Inspects and tests electrical components including solder adhesion, plating and incoming raw materials inspection and testing.
- Analyzes statistical data and monitors quality levels; provides feedback to operators in a timely fashion.
- Performs final product inspection, testing, and data analysis and provides quality approval for shipment of products.
- Calibrates electrical and mechanical test equipment to ensure equipment meets required tolerances and quality; maintains calibration records to ensure compliance with ISO and PDI standards.
- Assists in the training of production personnel including providing training in areas such as soldering, inspection techniques, and ISO training.
- Reviews documents such as electrical data.
- Completes documents such as inspection documents.
- Ensures adequacy of packaging materials.
MARGINAL JOB DUTIES
- While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this position and may also be performed by other unit members.
- May perform production line work as directed by QA Manager
- May assist in Shipping and Receiving by packaging final product for delivery as directed by the QA Manager.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- High school diploma or equivalent with one to two years quality experience in an electronic manufacturing environment or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and ability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software preferred.
- Required Licensure and Certifications:
- ESD certification required within 3 months of allocation to the classification.
- REQUIRED SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Human Interaction Skills:
- Tasks require the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with other employees, management, and customers to exchange and/or interpret information and to secure the cooperation of others in the performance of duties associated with the position.
- Reasoning Skills:
- Tasks require the ability to prioritize, categorize, reference and analyze data including statistical data.
- Tasks require attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Mathematical Requirements:
- Tasks require the ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
PHYSICAL EFFORT, DEXTERITY, AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Tasks require the ability to utilize equipment, machinery and tools such as a computer terminal, calculator, electrical test equipment such as the Saunders 150D, microscopes, micrometers, calipers and soldering irons.
- Tasks require the ability to exert physical effort in light to moderately heavy work which may involve some lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Tasks involve extended periods of time at test equipment.
- Tasks require the ability to discriminate colors and to recognize and identify individual characteristics of shapes associated with product marking.
- Tasks require the ability to coordinate hands and eyes in semi-skilled, repetitive motions associated with testing electrical components.
- Work is normally performed in a production environment under generally safe and comfortable conditions with exposure to frequent distractions and tight deadlines. January 2018
Wi2Wi, LLC. QUALITY TECHNICIAN I Adherence to ISO 9001-2015 working documents and procedures required. Wi2Wi, LLC. is an Equal Opportunities Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Wi2Wi, LLC. will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the company.
Strategically located in the USA, the Company's headquarters, as well as its design and engineering for wireless connectivity and global navigation satellite system (GNSS) solutions, are based in San Jose, CA, in the heart of Silicon Valley. Wi2Wi's state-of-the-art manufacturing and operations, along with design and engineering for timing devices, frequency controllers and RF & microwave filters, are based in Middleton, WI, in North America's industrial belt. Wi2Wi provides an extensive product range of both "out-of-the-box" and customized solutions, leveraging its technology along with tier-1 global partnerships with industry leading silicon and supply chain companies to serve many of the world's largest and most innovative companies, including more than 300 "blue chip" customers.
8840 N Greenview DriveMadison, WI
Get fresh Software QA Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.