Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Director
WHOA is currently looking for a Qualified Mental Health Professional who is trained and experienced in providing psychiatric or mental health services to adults who have a mental illness.
This is an hourly position working directly with adults with mental health diagnosis. Staff must be able to individually manage his/her caseload and facilitate growth in persons who may have been either at risk of being moved into out-of-home placement, being transitioned back into a home from an out-of-home placement due to a documented need of the client, or working with a centered based client. The successful candidate will work to provide in-home, family-based therapy with the goal of increasing the functioning of the family unit, prevent out-of-home placement, and need for crisis intervention.
All staff should be able to effectively communicate and counsel on topics including (but not limited to) conflict resolution, anger management, effective communication, emotional regulation, long and short term goal setting, life skills, social skills, functional skills, and the power of a positive mindset.
- Complete weekly progress notes, service plans, discharge reports, and quarterlies within expected time frame.
- Completes Individual Service Plans within first 30 days of service.
- Provides direct 1:1 therapeutic intervention for clients.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Have contact and intervention with RBHA, courts, DSS, and other involved community resources.
- Provide 24 hr. crisis intervention for clients and their families and make determinations as to plans of action during crisis.
- Transport clients as needed.
- Implement behavior management system.
- Attend weekly scheduled staff meetings and mandatory training's.
- Maintain professionalism while demonstrating concern and advocacy for the client and family.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to create a schedule conducive to the client and family to provide maximum treatment.
- Ability to manage time effectively in order to service all clients full-time (10 hours per client per week).
- Ability to work independently in the client’s home with minimal supervision. Counselors will have weekly clinical supervision with assigned clinician.
- Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in social work, sociology, psychology, or other human service field.
- One year of experience of clinical documentation or working with emotionally disturbed adults in some capacity.
- Ability to write weekly progress notes.
- Must complete all required documentation and submit by established due dates.
- Must have and possess a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Must have at least one year of experience working with adults.
Certifications and Trainings
- Crisis Wave/TOVA
- First Aid/CPR