Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for providing and documenting daily individual and or group sessions and therapeutic interventions to adults with mental illness (i.e. Major Depressive Disorder, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder) and substance use disorders in the community (Metropolitan Richmond area). Develop and execute behavior modification strategies. Provide case management duties and service coordination in collaboration with other treatment team members. Monitor and assists in the development and teaching of psycho-educational activities to include but not limited to social skills, peer relationships, problem solving, dealing with authority, anger management, medication education, impulse control, healthy communication, etc. Coordinate or assist with crisis intervention and stabilization services as appropriate. Complete needs assessments, weekly progress reports, develop quarterly individual service plans and to assist and monitor clients with achieving behavioral goals. Provide and document weekly face to face or any interaction with client.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following):
· Meet QMHP/QMPP status as established by state regulations with knowledge of human behavior and development, family dynamics and related treatment modalities, interventions and techniques.
· Ability to write reports and maintain client records, and develop effective service plans and strategies to meet identified needs.
- Ability to work independently utilizing time management strategies when working with multiple clients
· Assist in opportunities through community linkages and social networks.
· Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, and to maintain confidentiality according to all relevant regulations and agency requirements.
· Certification of CPR, First Aid, and agency approved behavior management technique within the first month of employment and maintained thereafter.
· Possess a valid Virginia driver’s license, have successful CPS and Background check clearance, verification of pre-employment physical with results from TB screening.
· Successful completion of criminal history background checks (child abuse and neglect registry)
· Successful participation in monthly or bi-monthly behavioral intervention training
· Successful completion of CPR and First Aid
· Successful completion of annual Human Rights training
Our goal as an agency is to assist individuals who are experiencing difficulty in establishing or maintaining interpersonal relationships.
Our community based programs provide short term and structured services to achieve client's goals.