We're on the hunt for a production designer with great experience and a stellar design eye who has a passion for dotting every 'i' and crossing every 't' – someone who can carry every project through to final delivery. You must have extensive knowledge of all aspects of digital and print production and be able to keep your eye on quality, even in the face of quantity.
Do you love wowing your team by delivering high-volume, high-quality work on tight deadlines? Do you enjoy the challenge of creating order and streamlining process while bringing the work to life? Do you love learning and creative thinking?
If your answers were yes, yes and yes, apply here with your resume and portfolio link.
- Prepare and package final production files based on detailed specifications for print and digital deliverables (including QA).
- Extend core designs across a variety of deliverables.
- Archive and manage asset libraries and usage documentation.
- Ensure client brand standards and guidelines are followed.
- Prepare client presentations.
- Understand the business environment, organization, and provide prompt and efficient service to ensure that client needs are met.
- Monitor high standards and work collaboratively on new methods and procedures as needed, including development of best-practice principles in conjunction with the wider team.
- Deliver on time, accurately and with flawless quality standards.
- Communicate consistently with project owners regarding project status and challenges.
- Provide technical input and advice on projects as required to achieve high quality.
- At least 3 years of production experience, with agency experience preferred.
- BA/BS and/or design degree or equivalent.
- Mad skills in the big 3 design apps: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (the latest versions, please).
- Excellent working knowledge of Sketch and/or Adobe XD.
- Advanced understanding of digital optimization for web assets.
- Solid experience in print production, including large format.
- Ability to prioritize a high-volume workload while working independently.
- Strong understanding of fundamental design principles for web and print that influence typography, composition, color, use of space and hierarchy of information.
- Outstanding project, archiving and file management skills.
- Ability to monitor multiple projects and prioritize work accordingly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Unrelenting standard for error-free work.
Status: Full-time with benefits
Compensation: Based on experience and ability
Location: Oakland, CA (steps from BART)
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for company sponsorship for employment visa status.