Member Service Representative I
- Expired: 5 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Member Services Representative I
Organizational Relationships: Reports to Branch Manager or VP/Branch Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
General Function: Serve as professional, knowledgeable and friendly “face” and
“voice” of Whitefish Credit Union’s member service and lending. Direct Members to
appropriate personnel and / or Departments, as needed. Open new member accounts, processes
loan requests from Members for personal lines and loans. This individual will also provide
Member services such as notary, payment processing, research, etc. Reports to Branch Manager
or VP/Branch Manager.
- Process all personal loan/line requests, excluding residential mortgages, for prospective Members and existing Members, up to $30,000.
- Be the primary contact for opening of accounts, within established regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide Member services such as transaction research, process wire requests, notary services, answer questions concerning accounts and provide general information to the public about the Whitefish Credit Union.
- Be the Whitefish Credit Union product expert to match them to Member needs.
- Answer all incoming phone calls proactively, promptly and professionally.
- Perform all tasks and projects which are requested and required by SVP of Operations and organizational need.
- Receive and announce Members, Vendors and other guests to the Whitefish Credit Union in a prompt and professional manner, and direct to appropriate personnel or department.
- Correct Member contact information as needed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Supervisor and SVP of Operations, informing them of all pertinent problems, new developments, changes and other important information.
- Work proactively and positively with other personnel to ensure a “team effort” and prompt Member service.
- Follow all Whitefish Credit Union, Montana and Federal information privacy guidelines.
- Adhere to all Whitefish Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and over the phone, with Supervisor, President / CEO, Members, Volunteers, Co-workers, and Senior Management Team.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn Whitefish Credit Union history, philosophy and organizational structure.
- Ability to learn basic Teller and Loan Officer functions.
- Knowledge of NCUA insurance and IRA guidelines/procedures.
- Ability and willingness to maintain notary licensure.
- Ability to learn on the job and improve office-related skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and juggle multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to work with a variety of office equipment and software systems.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time over the course of an 8-hour day.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma.
- 1-3 years professional member service experience.
- 1-3 years professional banking or credit union experience.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by management at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.
WHITEFISH CREDIT UNION ASSOCIATION
BusinessView all jobs at WHITEFISH CREDIT UNION ASSOCIATION