Human Resources / Recruitment Assistant - Part - Time
WHEATON EYE CLINIC Wheaton, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Our mission at the Wheaton Eye Clinic is to provide comprehensive eye care services of the highest quality and value. As part of this dedication to excellence, we strive to surpass each patient’s expectations in the delivery of competent, timely and compassionate eye care.
In order to achieve this mission, Wheaton Eye Clinic is adding the position of Human Resources/Recruitment Assistant to our staff.
The Human Resources / Recruitment Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the Wheaton Eye Clinic human resource department. The Human Resources / Recruitment Assistant will serve as the main point of contact for all recruitment activities throughout the hiring process. This position reports to, and takes direction from, the HR Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement targeted recruitment plans for all Wheaton Eye opening
- Utilize recruitment methods including networking, social media, professional associations, college recruitment sites, job fairs, etc.
- Review candidate applications and resumes against position requirements, job qualifications and position qualifications
- Maintain applicant tracking system
- Conduct phone screens on applicant’s chosen by hiring manager
- Schedule interviews for hiring manager and / or Human Resources
- Enter information for applicant background check, LEIE screening, conduct reference checks
- Prepare and send offer letters
- Follow up with new hire candidates regarding start date information
- Coordinate with NWM Cadence Connect and Provisioning to schedule new hire training and obtain new hire’s access to EMR system
- Prepare new employee files and coordinate new hire orientation/schedule
- Assist managers with orientation on new hire’s first day
- Assist in maintaining employee personnel files and filing systems
- Assist with tracking and following up on new hire benefit eligibility and enrollment
- Assist with maintaining I-9 compliance
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required documentation is being collected and retained per legal requirements
- Enter employees into training database and assit with system maintainenance (Harassment, HIPAA and BC/BS training)
- Track participants and training records
- Coordinate New Employee luncheon weekly
- Backup for HRIS data entry and ADP homepage maintenance
- Maintain birthday and anniversary spreadsheet and employee anniversary program
- Reliable, consistent attendance and punctuality in order to meet the needs of the department and the clinic
- General HR duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient with or the ability to learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS)
- Experience with ADP/ Workforce Now highly preferred
- Understanding of general employment law
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or higher
- Minimum 1 year of related HR experience
- Prior related office experience preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-PC certification preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer and extensive phone work
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
About Wheaton Eye Clinic:
Founded more than 75 years ago, Wheaton Eye Clinic, Ltd. is an independent, multi-subspecialty ophthalmology practice with six locations in the western suburbs of Chicago including a busy ophthalmic ambulatory surgery center (ASC). 35 ophthalmologists and 8 optometrists deliver primary to tertiary care, see 180,000 patients and perform 11,000 surgical procedures annually. Wheaton Eye Clinic is owned and operated by its physicians.
WHEATON EYE CLINIC
BusinessView all jobs at WHEATON EYE CLINIC