Position: Harm Reduction Program Associate
Reports to: Director of Programs, Director of Harm Reduction Services
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Salary: $39,000, plus benefits
Start Date: ASAP
WHCP’s mission is to significantly improve the health and quality of life of people who use drugs by creating relevant supports and services including access to; clean syringes through street-based outreach, advocacy and resources; a broad range of educational, referral and health services that reduce risks associated with drug use – including HIV, viral hepatitis and overdose. People who use drugs participate meaningfully in our service model. This is therapeutic in countering rampant stigma and feelings of worthlessness; and restoring social connections and hope. WHCP delivers service without judgment recognizing that individuals have the right to be treated with dignity and respect, have access to health care, and the space to work on their own goals.
WHCP encourages a collaborative environment where staff are expected to be proactive in their work and encouraged to actively participate in the improvement of service delivery and the development of programs.
This position is responsible for providing administrative and operational assistance to the Director of Programs and the Director of Harm Reduction Services at the Washington Heights CORNER Project. The Harm Reduction Program Associate will be responsible for supporting the development and operation of existing and new WHCP programs and services, organizing contract reporting, assisting in writing reports, compiling data, and other organizational and logistical duties as assigned.
· Work collaboratively with Director of Programs and the Director of Harm Reduction Services
· Organize all contract deliverables
· Assist in writing monthly and bi-monthly reports to funders
· Compile, review, and correct data/documentation for all program activities
· Assist with supervision of kit packing activities
· Create organizational tools to improve operations
· Support bi-monthly payroll activities
· Produce and disseminate program alerts and fliers as needed
· Conduct research as assigned
· Liaise with vendors, partners and other stakeholders as assigned
· Support staff scheduling, coverage as assigned
· Provide syringe access and outreach service delivery as needed
· Support program expansion and innovation
· Other duties as assigned by Director of Programs and the Director of Harm Reduction Services
Requirements and Experience:
· Must have the ability and willingness to be hands-on and solve problems as they arise
· Must be extremely organized.
· Must have strong writing skills.
· Must be able to work effectively in a high-paced and chaotic environment.
· We are specifically looking for candidates with an active interest in harm reduction, syringe exchange, and/or social justice as it pertains to individuals who use drugs or engage in sex work.
· Significant work or personal life experience in the areas of substance use, sex work, and HIV and HCV prevention desired. Skills in the areas of safer injection and safer drug use techniques and overdose prevention, HIV and HCV prevention and treatment desired. Experience in the Bronx and East Harlem preferred.
· Must be dedicated to advancing an agenda of equal rights and social justice for marginalized people who use drugs or engage in sex work, especially through participation in advocacy and community activism.
· Must be willing to work outdoors at our street sites (sometimes in inclement weather) and conduct outreach.
· Must be fluent in Spanish
· Candidates from Washington Heights strongly encourages to apply
Washington Heights CORNER Project offers a generous benefits package including paid time off, health/dental/vision insurance, and a 403B retirement plan.
Washington Heights CORNER Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is nondiscriminatory relative to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, medical status, or history of incarceration.
Please submit a cover letter outlining your experience and/or interest in harm reduction, Spanish/English proficiency, and interest in the position in addition to your curriculum vitae/resume. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered for the position.
Please save your files with your last and first name followed by document title (e.g. Smith J
Resume, Smith J Cover Letter)
Submit your materials to: WHCPJOBS@cornerproject.org and please add Harm Reduction Program Associate to subject line.
Please address resume and cover letter to:
Washington Heights CORNER Project
104 East 126th Street, 3B, New York NY 10035