Payroll & Benefits Specialist
WFA Staffing Group West Bend, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Payroll & Benefits Specialist
As a direct report to the Payroll & Benefits Manager; the Payroll & Benefits Specialist administers the activities related to company payroll and benefits. This individual will be the company’s primary contact regarding payroll and benefits administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide necessary coordination, support and guidance to all human resources staff regarding the administration of payroll and benefits to ensure proper flow and integrity of employee data.
- Prepares and processes multiple US and Canadian payrolls for approximately 1,000 employees.
- Works closely with the Benefits & Payroll Manager and remote HR teams to implement and maintain best practices in an effort to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Keep current with company policies and multiple State and Federal Tax legislation to ensure accurate and compliant payroll processing. Understand proper taxation of employer and employee benefits.
- Process garnishment/levy calculations timely and accurately to maintain compliance.
- Review and process monthly billing from all related vendors and carriers. Collaborates with Accounting to ensure timely payment and processing.
- Document, update and maintain payroll policies, procedures and processes.
- Coordinates and conducts the new employee benefits presentations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
- Communicate and respond to employees of all levels within the Company, as it relates to questions, problem resolutions, timelines, process, etc.
- Work closely with finance in regards to GL reporting and as needed.
- Ensure accurate year end reports; i.e W-2’s, ACA 1095c, etc.
- Assist with annual audits as applicable.
- Assist the Benefits & Payroll Manager as needed.
- Others related duties and projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Human Resources preferred.
- Three to five years of payroll processing and benefits administration experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent problem solving/judgement skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail, the ability to work independently and excellent collaboration skills to partner effectively across all departments within the organization.
- Blue Marble Global Payroll System
- American Payroll Association (APA)
- Internal communication within all levels of the organization
LOCALIZATION AND TRAVEL EXPECTED:
- This position is located in West Bend, WI
- 0-5% travel
OUR REWARDS & RECOGNITION:
In addition to an inclusive compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits program including Medical/Dental/Vision, a matching 401k, tuition reimbursement, volunteer program, wellness activities, employee and family activities throughout the year and so much more! Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
WFA Staffing Group
9001 N 76th StreetWest Bend, WI