WET Pasadena, CA
- Expired: 28 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WET® is the leader in creating environments and experiences worldwide through the primary medium of water and in the development of innovative design and technology.
WET is seeking a Mechanical Designer to join our Product Development and Engineering Group. Daily activities will include supporting engineers to detail 3D models and create 2D drawings and documentation packages for complex underwater assemblies used in world-class fountains.
- Using SolidWorks, design and detail various sheet metal, spun, and machined parts and assemblies
- Will also be involved in the detailing and dimensioning of injection molded parts
- Revises existing products to meet new requirements or to make improvements
- Designs and Creates drawings and other support documents
- Some drafting work is also involved including making drawings for fabrication and support documentation for catalogs and web pages
- Assist engineers in conducting statistical tolerance stack ups to determine critical dimensions
- Work with documentation control to load BOMs and drawings
- Support the creation and processing of engineering releases and change orders
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An understanding of mechanical principals and the structural capabilities of stainless steel
- Familiarity with metal fabrication processes (cutting, forming, welding)
- Knowledge of drafting standards, tolerances, weld callouts and BOM’s
- Knowledge of and ability to apply ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Standards
- Knowledge and experience interpreting and applying ANSI/AWS A2.4-79 welding callouts on engineering drawings
- 2 year college degree in Computer Aided Design and Drafting
- Minimum 5 years of SolidWorks experience
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a company that fabricates metal assemblies
WETWhy Work Here?
We're an extremely dynamic and vertically integrated company. Design, Engineering, Manufacturing and Assembly are all in house.
We create projects that transform the way people experience natures elements. Our creations are multi-sensory, and we redefine the way people connect with the elements and with each other. We master natures magic and with it create experiences. Experiences that include the worlds most moving water features, from The Fountains of Bellagio to The Dubai Fountain.
ManufacturingView all jobs at WET