Cryogenic Installation Technician
- Posted: 13 days ago
The Cryogenic Installation Technician is responsible for safely constructing all types of liquid and gaseous cryogenic supply systems. The technician must professionally interact with the project manager, sales, customers, contractors, engineers, and inspectors regarding installations at the customer's site.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Installs and maintains bulk and micro bulk cryogenic installations. Equipment to include cryogenic pumps, tanks, vaporizers, manifolds, regulators, all associated piping, gas compressors, vacuum pumps, and refrigeration units.
- Installs piping systems following company SOP's and safety policies
- Performs Site Surveys to assure compliance with all federal, state/provincial, and local codes.
- Equipment to include cryogenic pumps, compressors, vacuum pumps, valves, piping, and automated pumping systems.
- Perform the necessary fabrication and installation of production equipment at the Production facilities and customer sites. Material to include pumps, manifolds, cryogenic tanks, scales, compressors, H.P. tube storage banks, and related equipment.
- Repairs pressure reduction equipment associated with bulk delivery systems.
- Analyzes and make general repairs to electrical systems associated with cryogenic installations, including motor controls and relays, low pressure, high pressure, and liquid level alarm systems.
- Installation of decals and warning signs for proper identification, such as hazards, warnings, ownership, standard operational settings, emergency contacts, etc.
- Performs preventative and annual inspections of all bulk installation sites to assure their condition and correct operation.
- Maintains an appropriate stock of recommended parts necessary to repair typical installations within the assigned customer base.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- 5+ years' experience diagnostic and repair experience with cryogenic, high-pressure piping, and electrical safety
- Knowledge in the gas industry and cryogenic cylinder maintenance
- High School Diploma or GED, College or technical degree preferred
- A valid driver's license, clean driving record required
- Knowledgeable on TIG welding, plasma cutting, and piping assembly
- Ability to communicate and read schematics diagrams
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Daily travel to various customer sites is required, company vehicle provided.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Ability to work overtime may be required
WestAir Gases and Equipment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WESTAIR GASES AND EQUIPMENT, INC.
3001 E. Miraloma AveAnaheim, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?