West Side Federation For Senior and Supportive Housing, Inc.
West 74th Street Home
Job Description: Personal Care Aide with Special Responsibility for Resident Supervision
Under the supervision of the Personal Care Program Supervisor and administrator, provide a range of services and supervision to residents of West 74th Street Home with the goal of enabling residents to live permanently at West 74th Street Home as safely and independently as possible.
FRONT DESK/RESIDENT SUPERVISION:
- Monitor the well-being and where-abouts of residents. To this end:
- monitor residents entering and leaving the building, responding to behaviors which might be dangerous to self or others (for example: if a resident is leaving the building, but appears disoriented and confused, response might include talking with the resident and encouraging him/her to stay in the lobby, notifying social service staff, or even calling 911 depending on the circumstances).
- maintain daily census record
- maintain records of those who will be absent from meals, away from the building on trips or in hospital, etc.
- respond to intercom and emergency call buzzers from resident rooms, relay requests to appropriate staff and/or implement emergency procedures as needed
- Assist residents in obtaining needed services:
- calling transportation/taxi for residents upon request
- assist residents in sending mail and packages
- sort and distribute mail to individual boxes and distribute to residents upon request
- place wake-up calls to residents upon request
- announce meal times, activities, and other relevant information via intercom
- record and refer all requests for building repairs or services to appropriate staff
- Safety and Security:
- monitor all persons entering or leaving the building: sign in and announce guests, and vendors, sign in staff and aides
- assure that the lobby door is locked and operated via buzzer throughout the day
- assure that the outside front door is locked between the hours of 11 PM and 7 AM
- in the event of fire alarm and in the absence of the super, reset all alarm systems when fire department has given the all clear
- make building safety rounds as directed
ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING:
In case of emergency, assure that the personal care and housekeeping needs of residents are met.
- Assist residents, as needed, in activities of daily living, including: bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, walking, eating, personal care
- Escort residents to medical and other appointments
- Daily and as often as necessary: make beds, empty garbage, clean toilet and sink, assure any health or safety issues are immediately addressed (for example: changing soiled sheets, reporting and following through on any needed emergency repairs)
- Answer the facility telephone, announcing calls to employees, referring calls to voice mail, taking messages as appropriate.
- Sort and distribute facility mail to appropriate staff mailboxes
- Maintain visitor and aide logs
- Maintain staff sign in book
- Assure that the daily log is kept confidential, but available to all staff
- Assure that the first floor area, including rest room, is clean and safe at all times. Night staff have special responsibility for mopping and cleaning windows and surfaces each day.
- Assure, either through referral to appropriate on-duty staff, or by actually performing necessary work, that the front sidewalk is free of ice, snow, and/or dangerous obstructions and garbage.
- Work as a member of the team to establish and maintain high level of care and respect for and communication with residents.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members
- Share information about resident progress, needs, and problems with other staff
- Attend training sessions and conferences as required for enhancement of job skills
- Implement emergency procedures as necessary
- Submit all required reports in a complete and timely manner
- Assist with other duties as directed
Monday PC/Escort 8am-4pm
Tuesday PC/Escort 8am-4pm
Wednesday PC/Escort 8am-4pm
- Preferred: Minimum of 1 year experience working with dependent persons
- At least 18 years of age.
- Emotionally, mentally, and physically able to perform job responsibilities.
- Able to speak, read, and write English (as required by DSS regulation 487.9.13)
Powered by JazzHR
WEST SIDE FEDERATION FOR SENIOR AND SUPPORTIVE HOUSING, INC.