Job Title: Control Panel Manufacturing Technician
Job Location: New Berlin, WI (see below)
Reports To: VP of Finance & Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
PTO GIVEN IMMEDIATELY UPON HIRE!
Position Summary: The Control Panel Manufacturing Technician is responsible for the layout, assembly, wiring and testing of WEM control panels along with internal sub-assemblies and components. Technician will conduct initial test and validation of WEM process control systems and modifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Wire WEM control panels and subassemblies per WEM wiring schematics, practices, and procedures.
- Consistently maintain high quality of panel assembly.
- Work with Drafting and Engineering on panel layouts, review accuracy of schematics, provide feedback and improvements ideas on hardware design.
- Test control panel point to point wiring to schematics.
- Perform configuration and testing of parts as needed.
- Assist with inventory control processes to improve inventory accuracy and stocking levels.
- Accurately pull parts per pick lists and packing lists and ensure projects ship complete.
- Perform receiving of parts and delivery to appropriate location in stock room or shop floor.
- Perform packaging, crating, strapping, and shipping of parts and control panels. Process shipments in UPS or common carrier software and arrange timely pickups.
- Perform minor building maintenance as needed.
- Support Field Service Technicians as needed.
- Needs to be able to work independently on projects from start to finish.
- Adhere to all WEM Automation policies and procedures including compliance to all safety requirements.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Associate degree in electronics technology with three to five years of experience in wiring control panels. Applicants without an associate degree should have 10+ years of experience in wiring control panels. This position requires a commitment to quality and a proven ability to work well with others.
Language Ability: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to create concise documentation for design, electrical and wiring changes if required.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be familiar with computer hardware and software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, ERP system functionality, label printing applications. Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus. A general knowledge of industrial networking is a plus. A working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC logic (SLC, CompactLogix, and ControlLogix), and Wonderware HMI is a plus.
WEM Automation LLC
Why Work Here?WEM Automation is recognized around the world as the leading supplier of control systems for feed and grain, ethanol, aggregate, concrete, asphalt, food, pet food, wood processing and other industries. Serving client needs since 1955, we have provided cost effective solutions for customers as small as individual facilities to the largest corporations in the world. Specializing in world class process control solutions that readily integrate to your business systems, our product provides cost effective management of your organization with up to the minute communication of all of your plant's business and production activities.
Great organizational culture, benefits, work-life balance, and lots of room for growth.