NURSE & PROGRAM DIRECTOR – NEW HORIZON DETOX CENTER
Supervised by: Executive Director Supervises: Detox Center Staff Hours: 40 per week
Basic Purpose: Responsible for the delivery and quality of services provided at Wellspring's New Horizons Detox Program through oversight of clinical policy development, programming, quality improvement, and, in coordination with the Medical, Clinical and Executive Directors.
• Minimum registered Nurse (RN) with current State of Maine licensure
• Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor(LADC), or CADC credentials desirable
• Knowledge of substance abuse and co-occurring disorders (COD) with experience in screening, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of co-occurring disorders.
• Knowledge of medical services provision,
• Ability and experience in hiring, supervising, training, motivating, and evaluating staff.
• Maturity and professionalism, with a sincere desire to work with recovering individuals.
• Experience and comfort with using electronic health records, email, and office software programs
• Access to transportation.
General Description: Wellspring utilizes the Sanctuary Model, which is a trauma-informed client treatment organizational change model. The Sanctuary Model organizes both our treatment and the way we run our organization. Sanctuary is an inclusive model because it is a way of guiding leaders, staff, clients, and families to share the same language. Clinical staff members assist clients in their recovery from substance use and co-occurring disorders through counseling, education, role modeling, and empathetic trauma-informed support using Sanctuary framework.
Key Result Areas:
• Program – Oversee program development and management to ensure the delivery of services in a detox program and adherence to state licensing, Medicaid regulations, and agency policy.
• Client – Provide leadership in the admittance and care of clients to the program, a clinical-managed residential detoxification program meeting program standards of ASAM Level 3.2 criteria.
• Personnel – Facilitate the growth of program staff through supervision, consultation, & training.
• Inter-agency collaboration- Effectively works with multi-system community partners, including hospitals, mental health providers, and primary care providers.
• Professionalism – Demonstrate high professional and ethical standards, and have a therapeutic approach of being empathetic, respectful, and motivational.
• Review and update clinical policies & procedures; with management team develop, revise, and implement policies & procedures.
• Oversee programming with Clinical Director, center staff, and system partners – identify needs, develop or revise and implement changes or new services.
• Monitor administrative & clinical record audits, personnel records, performance-based contract obligations, and other records or procedures to ensure adherence with licensing (SAMHS, DHHS, MaineCare) and funding requirements.
• Participate on the management team.
• Facilitate good communications and working relationships with other agencies and resources, and provide community education about Wellspring, substance abuse, and co-occurring disorders.
• Maintain client confidentiality and high ethical and professional standards.
• Hours are flexible to allow for attendance at meetings and may include evening, holiday, or weekend consultation.
• Perform other duties as delegated by the Executive Director.
• Hire nursing staff and other center staff and oversee their orientation.
• Provide administrative management to the counseling staff; ensure they receive clinical supervision required for licensure, by Clinical Director.
• Provide performance evaluations of staff; collaborate w/ Clinical Director for counseling staff
• Consult with Director of Human Resources, the Executive Director and other Program Directors on staff performance concerns and intervene as necessary.
• Assess staff training needs and facilitate their obtaining the training; oversee documentation of credentialing requirements.
• Receive administrative supervision from Executive Director, and guidance from the Medical Director.
• Assess own training needs to improve clinical and management skills; meet continuing education and other requirements to maintain professional licenses related to the position.
• Ensure all clients are provided services that meet State Licensing Regulations for a Clinical-Managed Residential Detoxification Program meeting ASAM Level 3.2 criteria.
• Conduct and/or coordinate diagnostic nursing and clinical assessments for referred clients; liaise with emergency departments at the hospitals and other medical providers serving the client population...
• Ensure all services are provided to meet clinical standards and ensure client safety.
1. Attendance and Dependability: Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
2. Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, colleagues, and other individuals inside and outside the company while maintaining confidentiality of all client related information.
3. Relationships with Others: Conveys a welcoming, empathic, hopeful attitude towards people with co-occurring conditions and supports a philosophy of dual recovery. Engages and welcomes people in ways that convey respect for diversity in a culturally appropriate way. Demonstrates high professional/ethical standards and works well with others as part of the treatment team. Has a therapeutic approach of being empathetic, respectful, and motivational, while encouraging clients to take responsibility for their lives.
4. Participates in the Sanctuary Model and incorporates Sanctuary values, principles, and tools in building a trauma informed treatment program.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
(This position is classified as exempt from the pay provisions of the Fair Labor and Standards Act.)
PI122379594PandoLogic. Keywords: Nursing Director, Location: Hampden, ME - 04444