GUEST SERVICE MANAGER
- Posted: 4 hours ago
Guest Services Manager
Summary: Oversee the complete day-to-day operations in the Guest Services Department. Maintain Westin standards to provide an enhanced guest experience.
Reports To: Director of Operations
Job Status: Full Time/Exempt/Manager
· Ensure prompt, professional and efficient operations at the front desk i.e. greeting, guest registration experience, check out, etc. in adherence to established Westin procedures.
· Uphold policies and procedures related to professional public relations techniques; Ensure guests are acknowledged, greeted and handled both courteously and professionally at all times.
· Observe front desk and night audit operations and ensure GSR duties and responsibilities are completed in accordance with established policy and procedures, i.e. proper ID, use of credit card, etc.
· Review and print current day's expected arrivals, VIP’s and special request reservations to ensure that they are
pre-registered, blocked properly handled. Communicate room assignments to other departments.
· Check status of departures on a daily basis. Relay all pertinent information to front desk agents, service express, bell staff and management team members.
· Ensure all reports, forms and vouchers are completed and approved daily.
· Act as a Manager on Duty on PM shifts and respond to emergency calls.
· Responsible for the day to day direction, coordination and evaluation of all areas of the Guest Services Department
· Lead the team in providing personal and instinctive guest service that support the Westin’s core values.
· Oversee interviewing, hiring, training, staffing, planning, assigning and directing associates; Addressing and resolving guest complaints; maintain departmental budget.
· Adhere to established hotel accounting polices and procedures; Complete purchase requisitions and process purchase orders.
· Oversee the scheduling of team members based on budgeted guidelines and expected occupancy; Maintain up to date status of in house groups, arrivals and departures that affect the department and ensure that the quality standards of the department are in place and being communicated and carried out by associates.
· Conducts monthly departmental meetings and daily pre-shift briefings.
· Prepares for and participates in weekly and monthly hotel staff meetings.
· Understands and adheres to key Marriott programs in accordance with brand standards.
· Achieves budgeted revenues; Control expenses and maximize profitability as outlined in monthly budget.
· Contributes to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
· Develops short term and long term financial and operational plans for the guest service department consistent with the overall objectives of the hotel.
· Prepares for and participates in weekly and monthly departmental meetings.
· Participates in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
· Manages in compliance with established company policies and procedures; Manages in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
· Understands and manages the reservation function to maintain highest possible room occupancy and ADR through prompt and knowledgeable answering of calls.
· Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions.
· Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
· Intervenes and takes immediate corrective action with departmental related guest complaints and ensures guest satisfaction; Understands and adheres to Brand Response system of recording and tracking inquires.
· Bachelor's Degree preferred.
· 2 years minimum hotel experience in full service or select service management role
· Three years minimum Management experience
- Marriott Brand experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work schedules to support the operations in the guest service department . Schedules to include days, evenings, nights, overnight , holidays and weekends shifts at a minimum of 8 hour work days . This is a flexible scheduling position.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
· Must possess basic computational ability.
· Must possess basic computer skills.
· Knowledge of all aspects of front desk operations, including check-in and check-out, settlement, award programs, handling guest requests and complaints.
· Ability to communicate with others and inform line employee of hotel and departmental goals and objectives, motivate self and staff to achieve those goals, respond to guest requests and business volume quickly and efficiently
- Speak clearly and listen carefully
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
· Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
· Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
-Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Pay Frequency and Benefits:
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance T eligible after company waiting period (Full time Employment Status Required)
- Employee Discount
- 1 work location – Memphis, TN
- No Remote Work
The Westin Memphis Beale Street provides equal employment opportunities and is a Drug Free Work environment.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?