WELDSHIP Bethlehem, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
Navigate with Weldship!
We have built a reputation for service unparalleled in the industry and we want YOU to join our team ! Weldship provides compressed gas tube trailers, CO2 transports and gas and chemical tankers, compressed natural gas (CNG) trailers, ISO containers (Multiple Element Gas Containers), and high-pressure, industrial gas ground storage tube assemblies to industrial gas markets around the world. Weldship is ISO 9001 certified.
The Senior Accountant support the finance team in managing Accounts Receivable, Fix Assets and Inventory for the group in accordance with company policy and procedures. This individual will play an integral role ensuring Accounts Receivable, Fix Assets and Inventory supporting calculations and analysis are aligned. The position reports to the Controller in our headquarter office.
Responsibilities of The Position:
Key responsibilities include the following functions:
- Responsible for administering and processing accounts receivables, including billing, receipts and collection. Maintain appropriate levels of control to ensure cash collection are conducted in a timely fashion. Ensures proper tax rates are applied to AR invoices and maintains tax exemptions certifications from customers.
- Support of cost accounting activities including inventory management, standard costing, obsolescence management, support of inter-company pricing.
- Manage the cycle count inventory process. Maintain cycle count inventory reports and analyze variances. Assist in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory and monitor inventory transactions.
- Responsible for Fixed Assets, from reviewing supporting invoices, through data entry into the fix asset software and balancing the cost basis and accumulated depreciation to the general ledger. Prepares and maintains records supporting FET and Use Tax returns.
- Expected to understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area. The Senior Accountant is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between Accounting and various business and operations management groups. Ensures standardization of processes to reduce transaction costs and increase value-added reporting capabilities to the company.
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures, policies and guidelines for assigned financial programs. Ensure management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, and that company policies and procedures are being followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Technical Skills: Maintains current understanding of technical processes/equipment, uses technology to increase performance/productivity. Proven expertise managing, evaluating, analyzing quickly and creating meaningful business reporting
- Interpersonal Skills: Builds strong relationships, is flexible/adaptable, works well with others, solicits feedback. Develop strategic relationships with your business partners uncover core issues using data, then partner with business to implement cost efficient decisions.
- Innovation: Creative, offers new ideas, risk taker, amenable to change
- Ethics: Honest, accountable, maintains confidentiality.
- Employee Development: Offers feedback, coaches employees appropriately, rewards employees wisely, takes mentoring role, challenges and develops employees, offers opportunity
This role does not supervise others.
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, safety shoes, hard hats, and mandatory hearing protection. The employee will be exposed to seasonal temperatures in the production environment but will also work in ambient room temperatures, with lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Individuals may need to sit, stand, and traverse stairs as needed. The position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. The employee may reach above shoulder heights or below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques are required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Occasional local travel is expected with this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Five to eight years of related experience with prior accounting responsibilities.
- Demonstrates ability to get ideas across through clear and logical communication.
- Demonstrates ability to actively participate in meetings and prepare written correspondence.
- Is driven to accomplish more than is necessary. Seeks to exceed established standards.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to organizational growth and change.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent quality and customer service orientation.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, general accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Able to pass criminal background check
- Able to pass drug test
Weldship Corporation’s goal is to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Weldship Corporation will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at WELDSHIP