Senior MEP Coordinator/ CX Startup Leader
We are looking for Senior MEP Coordinator / CX Startup Leader for large Mission-Critical data center projects. These roles require knowledge of Data Centers or equivalent mission critical builds, general construction practices and procedures, and the ability to coordinate with multiple parties including general contractors, architects, engineers, commissioning agents, and other third-party vendors. You will be responsible for various aspects of the equipment startup and commissioning processes, such as planning, directing, coordinating vendors, and monitoring performance. You should demonstrate leadership, Data Center electrical and mechanical systems expertise, attention to details, computer competencies, strong communication and negotiation skills, and problem-solving orientation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for overall field operations of equipment energization and commissioning from the standpoint of safety, quality control, scheduling, conformance to drawings and specifications and customer relations.
• Develop detailed work plans, load bank plans, schedules, timelines, size-ups and status reports.
• Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards. Making sure they are implemented in the field. Enforcing safety protocols by the project staff.
• Lead in the development of high-performance teams through supervision, training, coaching and mentoring. Providing leadership to positively influence change.
• Manage vendor integration within project scope.
• Utilizes expertise to ensure contractor work meets the design intent.
• Keep management informed on progress for project through regularly scheduled operations review meetings.
• Provide proper correspondence with clients such that all project issues are handled in a clear, concise and friendly manner.
• Maintains strong business relations with the clients.
• Ensure solutions to technical problems through discussions with technical teams to resolve problems.
• Partner with the development team to understand opportunities and limitations of solutions being implemented.
• Develop recommendations and implement solutions.
• Interface with AE and Owner regularly.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Necessary to Perform Essential Job Functions:
• Must have 5+ years of Data Center experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 8-10 years of experience as a Project Manager, Owner’s Representative, MEP Coordinator or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
• Significant experience with Data Center commissioning, mechanical and electrical equipment energization and start up.
• Extensive experience managing the build process for large, Data Center HVAC, electrical, fire protection, security, EPMS and BAS systems.
• Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principals and techniques.
• Must be experienced with the commissioning phases and processes for L0 - L5, equipment receipt, startup, validation and turn over for fast paced Data Center builds.
• Must be able to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
• Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Excel and Microsoft Project. Experience with Procore (a plus)
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
• Ability to lead and deliver complex projects
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Team player attitude.
• Proven record demonstrating leadership of first and second tier sub-contractors.
WEEKS GRP, LLC