Help Desk Technician IT Support
- Posted: over a month ago
- $22 to $28 Hourly
We are looking for a tech-savvy help desk technician to be responsible for providing technical assistance with computer systems, hardware, and software. The ideal candidate will work with and supplement our outside managed service provider with supporting our 50+ locations throughout the United States. As a help desk technician, you are responsible for responding to email, chat, or phone queries and providing technical support to employees using computer systems, hardware, and software.
To be a successful help desk technician, you should be well-versed in all aspects of computer systems configuration, set up, and maintenance. You should also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
You’ll love the competitive pay; favorable bonus plan; PTO; paid holidays; sick leave; medical, dental, vision, accident and life insurance; a company funded health reimbursement account; and our 401(k) with company match.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Answer inbound help desk calls and diagnose, resolve, or escalate computer issues to our managed service provider with the intent of first call resolution.
- Triage callers’ technical needs and enter requests and Incidents, summarizing the client’s issue.
- Provide “first-line” diagnostic of technical issues.
- Be the primary point of accountability for all service requests assigned to you.
- Provide basic technical assistance including but not limited to: Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, email gateway, onboarding/offboarding, user training.
- Assist in provisioning, quality assurance and deployment of assets.
- Innovate and deploy automation to reduce time to resolution of recurring computer related issues.
- Assist with technical projects.
- Follow standard operating procedures, work instructions, and specific guidelines.
- Identify and declare breakdowns within systems & processes.
- Communicating openly and authentically with managed service provider to ensure service issues are acknowledged and addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure safety and security of data in accordance with required policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Thorough understanding of Information Technology and how we leverage technology to serve our employees.
- Prior IT help desk experience with a growing multi-unit retail company.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Active Directory, setup new users, security groups, group policies, and other admin AD functions.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and effectively; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; actively participates in meetings.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely; varies style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; resolves problems in early stages; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Business Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values.
- Excellent time management skills- Able to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Team Builder - Balances team and individual responsibilities; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; resolves problems in early stages; works well in a team environment.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
Excellent customer service skills. Strong communication both written and verbal. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations. Compassionate and understanding. Ability to express both sympathy and empathy. Able to work at a consistent pace on a daily basis. Eager to learn and invest in themselves.
Enough about you, this is what you need to know about us: Wedgewood Weddings & Events sets the standard for remarkable events. With 50 venues ranging from New Hampshire to San Diego, we offer beautiful locations designed to impress. We specialize in taking care of all the logistics meaning clients can sidestep all the planning headaches that are a normal part of arranging an event with traditional venues.
Pay Rate: $22-28 per hour
Job Location: Temecula, CA
Ready to find out more? We’d love to hear from you!
Wedgewood Weddings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
TechnologyView all jobs at WEDGEWOOD WEDDINGS
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?