Field Network Engineer Tier 3 - Team Lead
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Field Team (FT) Team Lead is both a functional and supervisory position that holds primary responsibility and accountability for the resolution of on-site related issues and problem resolution success of clients, as well as serving as a leader, escalation point and mentor to other Field Team Members. The FT Team Lead role is a highly interactive, on-the-go, multi-tasking role that is focused on issue prevention and resolution and escalation. Success in this role will come to those who are responsible, self-motivated and confident; can get things done; can intuitively anticipate problems; look beyond immediate issues; take initiative to improve current practices.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead our Field Team
- Evaluate Field Team members' strengths and weaknesses and provide mentorship and coaching
- Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis
- Work collaboratively with the Help Desk Team Lead on escalations and client needs
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries when needed
- Follow best practices through the entire technical support process
- Collaborate with vCIO's to identify areas of improvement in our client environments
- Manage and monitor tickets and projects in our PSA (Professional Services Automation) platform
- Provide technical support as required
- Escalations to vCIO or Management as required
- Provide technical field support; including server operating systems, end user operating systems, and LAN hardware
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Maintains strict confidentiality (e.g. passwords and other system security features) for the purpose of ensuring network security
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem/situation and think abstractly to solve it
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multi-task effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Competent understanding of TCP/IP networking for LAN and WAN
- Understanding of Active Directory; including replication, GPO, and DNS
- Proficient knowledge of Office Suites functions and operations
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently under deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and customer service skills
- Knowledge of IT Managed Services/ IT Service Delivery (a plus)
- Ability to solve problems, analyze system data, and suggest appropriate solutions
- Internet proficiency for Routers, Switches, and Networks
- High level field support customer service experience
- Strong computer/networking skills
- Must have strong ethics and work as an effective, collaborative team member.
- Ability to work under stress/pressure to meet deadlines and financial objectives
About WEBIT Services
Based in Naperville, IL, we are a Managed IT Services Provider with a Team First mindset. Our uniqueness is rooted in our philosophy that you don't have to be big to be a great organization.
There are many things that separate WEBIT from other organizations, but perhaps the most important is our commitment to transparency and our ethical commitment to Integrity. We practice Open Book Management which is the teaching of financial literacy and sharing of all our financials with the team. We do this because we are all in it together, as a Team, and everyone plays a part in the success we enjoy together in a growing, employee-owned organization.
- Company-paid Day-1 Health Insurance (BCBS)
- Company-paid AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid LTD & STD Insurance
- Quarterly Company Bonus Program
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual Vacation Bonus
- Educational Assistance & Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Travel Reimbursement
- Outstanding culture of teamwork and camaraderie
- and more...
- Position Type: Full time, salaried
- Travel Requirement: Local Chicagoland Area Only
- Salary Range: $80,000 - $99,000/yr
- Unlimited PTO Eligibility: After 90 days
- Employee Ownership Eligibility: After 1 year of service
Get fresh Field Network Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.