LITIGATION PARALEGAL – SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA
WEBCO HR, Inc. is seeking a Litigation Paralegal for one of our clients located in San Jose, California.
Assists the attorneys in answering interrogatories and preparing motions, complaints, briefs and other legal documents; and performs all types of legal support work assigned research as permitted by the rules of the State Bar.
· Assists attorneys in answering interrogatories; interviews clients and reduces answers to writing; reviews work with attorneys and prepares answers in final form.
· Obtains, reviews and summarizes medical records at the direction of trial attorneys and has them reviewed by experts as necessary; and arranges for medical examinations.
· Assists attorneys in preparing motions, and researches legal points in connection therewith.
· Assists attorneys in interviewing witnesses preparatory to and during trials as necessary.
· Assists attorneys in preparing documents and evidence for trial.
· Performs other functions as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· 2 year Associates Degree OR 3 years experience working as a Paralegal.
AND Paralegal certificate or a degree in paralegal studies or the completion of at least one year of law school.
· Preferred: Bachelor's degree.
· Paralegal certificate from American Bar Association (ABA) approved program.
· One year experience working in a civil litigation law firm, preferred.
· Base Salary
· Bonus Eligible
· Full Benefits
Our client has been an industry leading insurance provider since 1928, providing a quality insurance product at a reasonable price. They have an unwavering commitment to uphold their founding ideals to provide industry-leading products and first-rate services to the customers that they are privileged to serve.
WEBCO HR, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer