Do you enjoy being at the center of the action? Does supporting the communications needs of C-suite executives get you up in the morning? Are you a Jane or Jack of all communications trades, as eager to craft compelling tweets as working with clients to tell compelling stories? Are you passionate about using communications to help companies share their impact? Then this is the job for you.
The WE Brand Purpose + Reputation team seeks a proactive, dynamic Account Executive to join their team in Portland, supporting local clients and business opportunities across the team. Topics covered include brand purpose, executive communications, media relations, owned and digital communications, local and global issues and innovation. The ideal candidate is a quick study, go-getter who believes variety is the spice of life, knows how to manage projects and manage up. Previous experience with media relations, social media management, executive/ CEO communications, corporate communications, environmental sustainability and innovation, and/ or brand purpose communications desired.
- Responsible for maintenance and growth of relationships with key influencers and social media management
- Identify communication trends and educate/inform clients and agency colleagues and partners on changes and trends.
- Monitor, report and provide insight on competitor and issue-specific social media activities, unique and creative uses of social campaigns or emerging culture themes
- Leverage clients extensive data to conceive and drive stories apart from traditional news milestones
- Model agency values, collaborate with fellow junior staff on agency “best practices” and successful engagement with your influencers.
- Oversee and reinforce consistent adherence to media management processes: media lists, coverage monitoring and industry coverage trends.
- Maintain and grow client relationships by contributing to the development and implementation of communication strategies, executing on projects (leading where appropriate).
- Identify opportunities to grow and diversify current accounts and new business efforts to include sourcing and gathering audience, industry or competitor market data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- 2-3 years of experience in PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within the high tech industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong analytical writing skills
- Experience with written and developed materials, including integrated communication plans, press releases, pitches, and social media content highly desirable.
- Comfortable with integrated communication principles
- Understand the role of the media
- Interest in developing integrated communications skills incorporating digital and social media
- High level of initiative
- Desire to be an engaged, accessible member of a dynamic office and broader global agency community
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.