This is very exciting opportunity for a Doctor of Chiropractic to come join a health and wellness business (“The Studio”, opened by WDM Limited) in the Cayman Islands. The state of the art, multi-disciplinary Studio will be located in the heart of Camana Bay, a 600-acre new town in Grand Cayman, which embodies the new urbanism philosophy of live, work and play.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the evaluation, ongoing assessment, treatment, and management of patients with health problems of the neuromusculoskeletal system; which includes nerves, bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons.
The candidate will use spinal adjustments, manipulation and other techniques to manage patient’ health concerns. The candidate will consult with and refer patients to appropriate internal health practitioners when necessary and embrace the team ethos at the Studio.
The candidate should be professional, charismatic, energetic, communicative, and mature in their approach to working with others. The candidate will focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team. Most importantly, the candidate must have a caring disposition and a willingness to give back to the community.
About The Studio
The Studio is a beautiful state of the art, technology enhanced facility located in the heart of Grand Cayman’s town centre of Camana Bay. With spacious, private treatment rooms, a large rehab space and stunning outdoor garden area, the Studio is a fabulous working environment for our practitioners. A paperless office with dedicated front and back office teams means our practitioners can focus on patient care rather than on administrative duties.
The multi-disciplinary approach we take to our patients’ healthcare and overall focus on mind, body and spiritual wellness is a unique approach within the Cayman Islands and one that will guide us to becoming the primary health and wellness practitioners in the region.
Our goal is simple: we help our patients change their lifestyles for the better, within a safe and caring environment.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
• Diagnose patients’ health problems through an evidence based approach. For example, by reviewing patients' health and medical histories; questioning, observing and examining patients; and taking and interpreting x-rays
• Evaluate the functioning of the neuromuscular-skeletal system and the spine using systems of chiropractic diagnosis
• Complete a report of findings, a plan of care and effectively communicate same to the patient
• Effectively instruct and communicate patient plan of care to other internal health care practitioners to ensure holistic approach to the patients treatment
• Use technology to record the plan of care and to track progress during the patients’ treatment plan
• Provide musculoskeletal therapy, perform a series of manual adjustments to the spine, or other articulations of the body, in order to correct the musculoskeletal system
• Advise patients on health, lifestyle, and wellness issues, such as exercise, nutrition, sleep habits, stress management and corporate wellness
• Keep not only accurate records, but also thorough documentation that provides comprehensive patient information. Review periodically and define and communicate preventative care programmes to patients.
• Understand and follow general office standard operating procedures, protocols and methodologies
• Keep abreast of current events, trends, research, literature, techniques and certifications within the chiropractic and healthcare profession. Be obsessed with self-learning and personal development.
• Base salary and salary plus commission options available based on experience, qualification and skills
• Annual bonus package on achieving performance and customer service targets
• Medical and pension contribution included
• All compensation is 100% tax-free. There is no income tax in the Cayman Islands.
Qualifications and Skills
• Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree
• Currently licensed in one of Australia, Canada, Jamaica, NZ, South Africa, UK and USA
• Preferably, but not required to be, certified in two or more additional integrative medicine techniques. Certification in Physiotherapy would be an advantage.
• Certification in basic life support for health care providers is preferred; Advanced cardiac life support certification is also an advantage.
• Exceptional palpation skills with above-average hand/grip strength
• Genuine affinity for soft tissue work
• Candidates must also have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Candidates must have a genuine caring disposition and be committed to donating time to our community outreach programme
• Must be tech-savvy and committed to the use of technology in delivering patient diagnosis, plans of care and monitoring treatment plans
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum 3 years required and 5 years preferred experience as Chiropractor working in a multi-disciplinary health and wellness practise
• New graduates will also be considered for an associate role
• Experience in women's health and corporate wellness would be an advantage