Diesel Mechanic / Equipment Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Diesel Mechanic / Equipment Technician is responsible for timely repair to forklifts and various other equipment in the Concord, NH shop location. The equipment Shop Service Technician is expected to maintain and repair gas, diesel, propane and electric powered forklifts as well as aerial lift and manlift equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare equipment records and report both manually and on the computer
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to light, medium, and heavy duty equipment
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 2 years’ experience performing vehicle/equipment maintenance or possess auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly
- Good mechanical aptitudes, knowledge of internal combustion engines, and the ability to read and understand electrical schematics
W.D. Matthews Machinery Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
WD Matthews Machinery CoWhy Work Here?
Family owned and operated, competitive benefits and salary, on the job training offered.
W.D. Matthews Machinery Co. was founded in 1939 as a woodworking equipment business and in 1955, began supplying forklifts and other industrial equipment to New England Area Customers. W.D. Matthews has grown into the region's most trusted provider of material handling and construction equipment. Our commitment to quality products, services, and unbeatable customer care is why our family owned and operated company has become the unsurpassed dealer of material handling equipment in the Maine (ME), New Hampshire (NH), Massachusetts (MA), Vermont (VT) and Connecticut (CT) areas.
309 Sheep Davis RoadConcord, NH