Ordnance Operations Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
Worldwide Counter Threat Solutions (WCTS), an International Firm specializing in protecting people and infrastructure from terrorist and extremist threats worldwide, is currently seeking an exceptional, highly qualified Ordnance Operations Analyst.
Location: Naval Weapons Station Yorktown, Williamsburg, Virginia plus travel (approx. 10%)
Period of Performance: Immediately – Oct 2025
Position available immediately
NAVELSG Ordnance Analyst requirements encompass three primary areas of need: Ordnance Operations, Ordnance Plans, and Ordnance Requirements. The Navy Expeditionary Logistics Support Group (NAVELSG) is an Echelon IV command in the United States Navy reporting to the Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC). The group consists of 4 Navy Expeditionary Logistics Regiments (NELR) and 7 Navy Cargo Handling Battalions (NCHB). Each NELR includes an Expeditionary Communications Detachment (4 total for the group) and a NELR Staff sub-component (4 total for the group).
- Provide training department support, including assisting with course instruction and curriculum development.
- Supports NAVELSG’s role as technical authority for all aspects of ordnance/explosives operations. Provides sustained technical operational support and program oversight for operations, plans, requirements, and readiness.
- Plans and conducts complicated, comprehensive independent analytical studies/reviews for all Fleet Ordnance Support programmatic policies for subordinate commands to include major technical and operational management functions associated with the tailored ordnance missions of each activity to ensure the highest level of operational readiness, efficiency and execution of the FOS mission in support of Fleet customers. Analytical data provided is precise and supported by numerous and complex DoD and Navy regulations governing FOS operations.
- Collects detailed monthly workload performance output metrics to monitor and capture all aspects of operations. Assesses ordnance handling capabilities, limitations, and provides supporting technical data on day-to-day performance, and ability to support evolving Fleet requirements CONUS and OCONUS.
- Supports FOS programs to include explosives safety/processes, occupational safety and health, operational risk management, ordnance handling training and other mandated technical requirements for the effective application of policies and directives. Supports Echelon III technical review, validation, recommendations and comments involving SECNAV, OPNAV, CNIC, U.S. Fleet Forces, Naval Ammunition Logistics Command, Naval Safety Center and Naval Ordnance Safety and Security Activity (NOSSA) for proposed changes and impacts of major policy instructions.
- Performs annual comprehensive on-site Operations Support Technical Assists Visits/Evaluations for subordinate echelon IV commands both CONUS and OCONUS. Purpose of visits is to perform a detailed operational assessment and analyses of the command’s FOS programs and operational readiness posture.
- Provides detailed technical data analyses and recommendations for workload related realignments of personnel between Areas of Responsibility (AORs), and distribution of FOS work among NAVELSG Units/Detachments based on changing Fleet requirements and newly developed OPLANS, weapons systems and requirements. Conducts studies to ensure the most efficient utilization of manpower, equipment and resources consistent with Fleet demands, FOS program requirements, explosives safety regulatory requirements and qualifications in order to most effectively provide FOS services to Fleet customers.
- Performs special interest independent evaluations, assessments and studies directed by higher authority to include Deputy Assistant for Secretary of Navy, Secretary of Defense and U.S. Fleet Forces to identify problems within a specific area of concern. Studies are complicated due to the need to consider and evaluate the impact of changes on regulatory requirements, long-range program goals, efficiency, operational risk and budgetary ramifications.
- Analyzes NAVELSG Operations Plans, directives and revisions to command instructions, regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and policy directives for departments and subordinate commands.
- Serves as program analyst and technical authority for NAVELSG and its subordinate Units/Detachments providing technical/analytical support for all ordnance operations processes associated with FOS.
- Attends higher level working groups, conferences and meetings associated with ordnance operations, plans and NAVELSG future requirements based on Fleet and Operational Commander’s needs. Provides detailed analytical data and readiness metrics.
- Provides continuous analyses, technical review, audit and program support for the maintenance, upkeep and procedural compliance of all command-wide SOP associated with ordnance operations.
- Develops and implements doctrine, organization, training, materiel, leadership/education, personnel, facilities, and policy (DOTmLPF-P) requirements for emerging capabilities, including the Expeditionary Reload Teams and Expeditionary Reload Companies, in accordance with ERT concept of operations
-SECRET or higher clearance.
-Extensive experience in Microsoft Office Suite
-Have valid Passport.
-Education: High School Diploma.
-A minimum of five years (5) within the past 10 years of hands-on subject matter expertise for ordnance program operations, planning and execution with demonstrated knowledge in:
- Detailed and comprehensive knowledge of a broad range of ordnance program relationships and ordnance operations, and the roles and responsibilities of Naval and Joint ordnance entities, such as Navy Munitions Command.
- Fleet experience in ordnance-related operational plans and operations.
- Thorough knowledge and skill in applying analytical, evaluative and trend analyses methods and techniques in the process of addressing ordnance operations and plans development and determining future requirements.
About Worldwide Counter Threat Solutions:
WCTS attracts the most highly motivated and qualified professionals in the Anti/Counter Terrorism industry. We appreciate the importance of high caliber professionals and offer an attractive salary and benefits package that includes industry leading Medical, Dental, life and Disability Insurance; 401K, paid time off, and holidays to ensure the highest quality of life for our employees. A career with our world-class team at WCTS offers unparalleled opportunities for growth worldwide. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. WCTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WCTS participates in eVerify.
Powered by JazzHR