The Project Engineer completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements, maintaining contract documents and managing specific procedures and schedules.
The essential functions of the Project Engineer position include, but are not limited to, the following job duties:
· Updates and maintains contract documents and as-builts.
· Reviews, processes and distributes project submittals and maintains submittal Logs.
· Provides assistance in analyzing and resolving field construction issues.
· Prepares, reviews and distributes RFIs; maintain RFI log.
· Maintains and distribute trade scopes to team members.
· Possesses thorough understanding of contract documents and subcontracts.
· Prepares meeting minutes for all job meetings.
· Completes required tasks daily: Timesheets, Purchase Orders, Work Orders, and Weekly Project Photos, as required.
· Updates and maintains material tracking log.
· Assists field supervisors in maintaining required safety documents.
· Supervises project closeout and obtains all warranties required for final acceptance.
· Maintains punch list with Project Manager and Superintendent.
· Manages subcontractors and their corresponding schedules in coordination with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
· Ensures company procedures and standards are maintained.
· Provides general back up support for all other positions, as needed.
· Performs additional duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field.
· 1-3 years’ experience in the construction industry.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and project scheduling software (MS project, P6).
· Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications and explain construction details both verbally and in writing.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Aptitude to effectively handle multiple deadlines in a team-driven environment while interacting with all levels within the organization.
· Strong attention to detail.
WCS Construction offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our benefits include:
· Vacation & Sick Leave
· Medical and Dental plans
· Flexible Spending Account
· Transportation Benefits
· Company paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
· Voluntary Life
· 401K with a Company Matching Program
WCS Construction LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.