Associate Member Services Analyst
WCIRB Oakland, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The WCIRB is California’s trusted partner in Workers’ Compensation Insurance, leading the way in objective research, data science and education. The WCIRB is a California unincorporated, private, nonprofit association comprised of all companies licensed to transact workers' compensation insurance in California and has over 400 member companies. No state money is used to fund its operations. The operations of the WCIRB are funded primarily by membership fees and assessments. Through our products and services, we are shaping the future of the Workers’ Compensation industry. Our core values of collaboration, innovation and integrity guide us in setting industry standards by developing cutting-edge technology and services for our valued customers.
The Member Services Associate Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of workers’ compensation policy and loss data, and for the accurate calculation and timely publication of experience modifications for eligible employers in California. The Associate Analyst assists insurers in complying with the California Insurance Commissioner’s regulations outlined in California’s Workers’ Compensation Uniform Statistical Reporting Plan–1995 and the California Workers’ Compensation Experience Rating Plan–1995, as they pertain to data reporting and experience rating. This is an entry-level position for new staff and does not require any prior knowledge of insurance or workers’ compensation regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completion of a three to six-month training program, with coaching and mentorship provided by team members
- Reviews policy and unit statistical report (USR) data for accuracy to ensure WCIRB core responsibilities and services are not negatively impacted, including the promulgation of experience modifications, advisory pure premium rates and coverage information.
- Follows department procedures for reviewing and processing policy and USR audit errors; timely review and resolution of insurer responses to audit errors in accordance with department standards.
- Provides verbal and written coaching and guidance to data reporters to resolve systemic data reporting issues and improve data quality.
- Collaborates frequently with team members, leadership, and other internal stakeholders to identify and resolve customer data reporting issues.
- Performs analytical research to determine proper ownership and combinability of entities; taking the requisite steps to ensure experience modifications are applied correctly to all impacted policies following ownership decision.
- Reviews policy information to identify potential lapses or overlapping insurance coverage and initiates communication with insurers to resolve.
- Identifies and timely reports system issues; collaborates with internal stakeholders to document and implement fixes for resolution.
- Attendance required and active participation encouraged at all company events such as monthly Town Hall meetings and staff development including, but not limited to, diversity, inclusion and belonging training.
- Participates in special projects or tasks, as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time manager with ability to meet deadlines and meet department performance requirements.
- Exhibits customer-centric mentality, focusing on adding value to our member insurers and other customers, providing clear explanations regarding complex issues and answering questions in a professional manner.
- Must be able to multi-task and pay close attention to the details.
The physical demands described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job requires 90% sitting, 10% standing/walking
- Significant time spent at keyboard, monitor and mouse
The work environment characteristics described in this section are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast-paced environment characterized by the handling of telephone calls and written inquiries, quick decision-making, and frequent troubleshooting
- Frequent interactions with customers that require patience, courtesy, high degree of tactfulness in handling customer issues, and good stress management practices
- Steady stream of analytical work
- Work requires attention to detail, follow-through, and analysis of collected information
- Work is characterized by multi-tasking and frequent changes in priority
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- Ten paid holidays
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program - 401k with match, pension plan
- Hybrid work model - work part of your workweek from home
- Full time, 37.5 hour workweek
Please note that the WCIRB has enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for all employees. Proof of full vaccination or an approved exemption or deferral is required of all employees, including new hires.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at WCIRB