- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WCG serves the utility, energy, municipality, and manufacturing industries by assisting companies identify and integrate advanced smart technologies to add efficiency to everyday processes. Such technologies can include the introduction of a new or replacement of current ERP, CRM, CIS, payment processing, self-service portals, data analytics, metric dashboards, etc.
Whitlock Consulting Group (WCG) was founded in 2013 in response to the industry’s need for a higher value-add consulting and advisory service that focuses on identifying, measuring, and delivering customer enhancement and operational improvements. Our passion is implementing tomorrow’s technology into our client’s operations while providing creative and pragmatic business solutions to improve agility, efficiency, and value-add to the end-user.
The Sr. Business Analyst is a key resource and will be tasked with working closely with the Project Manager, WCG team members, and the Client’s project team to ensure that the solution being selected and eventually implemented meets the requirements of the Client while avoiding costly and time-consuming modifications / customizations.
The Sr. Business Analyst performs As-Is process discovery, gathers business requirements, identifies improvement opportunities, translates critical requirements into custom testing scenarios, and assists with training & change management. The Sr. Business Analyst partners with the Project Manager to liaison between the System Integrator and/or Technology vendor and the Client team to oversee the system configuration decisions and ensure that the system is being configured to meet the client’s requirements while streamlining business processes, mitigating risks, and adding automation where possible and logical.
The Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for leading efforts to align business and product capabilities to enterprise strategies, technology roadmap, and business transformation efforts. The Sr. Business Analyst supports transforming client’s business by helping teams understand what is possible and desirable, and how to get there, using all the power of solutions to enhance and realize their strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct in-depth reviews of our clients’ internal business processes and analyze them to determine areas for efficiency improvement and process optimization
- Lead in writing specific, unambiguous functional and technical requirements for the purpose of evaluating and differentiating technology solutions as part of an RFP process
- Partners with the Technical Architect to assess business and technical impacts of proposed solutions.
- Document business process flows, improvement opportunities, potential scenarios, decision points, system/process/interface requirements, etc.
- Lead workshops focused on deep-diving various functional processes and identify current pain points along with potential solutions
- Lead testing through all phases of the implementation, which includes the development of custom test scripts and the tracking and reporting of test results through Functional, Integrated, and User Acceptance Testing
- Act as a client-side supplement to the technology vendor’s implementation team by aiding in the configuration, interface design & testing, and all issue resolution surrounding the implementation project
- Understands the product capabilities and applies them appropriately.
- Promotes industry-wide best practices.
The Senior Project Manager position requires up to 50% travel to work from client sites. All other time can be completed remotely or from home when not traveling.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years relevant working experience with utilities, leading teams, and software and system integration
- Bachelor’s Degree with Business Concentration
- Professional Certification; PMI’s PMP, PMI’s PBA, IIBA’s CBAP, PROSCI ADKAR, Six Sigma, Lean, or similar Business Analyst or Project management certification
- Wide-spanning business knowledge (multiple functions: finance/acct, operations, customer service, etc.)
- Utility / Municipal / Telecom industry experience
- 5+ years’ systems experience with ERP, CIS, CSS, SCADA, AMI, MDM, WAM and/or MWM
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of industry-standard Project Management Tools
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or disability. It is WCG’s policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. WCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
AddressJohns Island, SC
BusinessView all jobs at WCG Consulting