WCF Insurance Sandy, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The claims department has an immediate opening for someone who can demonstrate the WCF values to join their team as a medical adjuster. This is a full-time, non-exempt position based in WCF's Sandy, Utah headquarters.
The medical adjuster manages medical and single-compensation-payment workers' compensation claims from beginning to end. This includes investigating, documenting, and determining coverage and liability for industrial-accident and occupational-disease claims. The person in this position reviews medical records and other documentation and works closely with injured workers, policyholders, providers, vendors, other WCF departments, the Utah Labor Commission, and others to make sure that injured workers receive appropriate benefits under the relevant statutory and regulatory guidelines.
A qualified candidate will have:
- Working knowledge of medical terminology;
- Superb written and verbal communication skills;
- Keen attention to detail, polished investigative abilities, and first-rate organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Associate's degree or two years of claims adjusting experience, or an equivalent combination of higher education and experience.
Preference will be given to the candidate with a bachelor's degree or AIC designation or combination of education and related experience.
An internal candidate should have six months in their current position. Candidates should have acceptable job performance and a good attendance record in their current position and must notify their supervisor that they've applied for the position.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
GovernmentView all jobs at WCF Insurance