The CDL Driver will be responsible for providing a high level of service to customers both safely and efficiently. This includes collecting solid waste on curbside and/or backdoor routes and transporting to post-collection facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drives a rear-load truck along designated routes to collect waste and take to post-collection facilities.
- Operates mechanical packer to load and compact trash from hopper into the truck body.
- Performs daily pre- and post-trip inspections. Completes and submits the vehicle condition report at the end of the shift.
- Courteously interacts with customers and/or the general public along the route to answer questions or respond to requests. Notifies supervisor of issues requiring management action.
- Maintains and submits a DOT logbook, daily route/productivity sheet, and vehicle condition report (post-trip inspection sheet) as required by law or company policy.
- Demonstrates the ability to maneuver truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors to back up.
- Uses a key map and GPS to locate service addresses.
- Follows safe operating practices, including lock out/tag out procedures to ensure proper operation of the truck.
- Monitors operations to detect loose debris, using mirrors or direct sight and/or listening for debris falling onto truck during dumping operation. Visually scans customer site before and after dumping.
- Able to learn and use interpersonal skills to provide good customer service.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend reports well enough to accurately complete daily assignments.
- Adherence to all DOT, OSHA, FMCSA, and EPA regulations and standards.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License, minimum of class B
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum of one year verifiable CDL driving experience or a certificate of completion from an accredited truck driving school
- Must be able to meet criteria for safety sensitive functions according to DOT and Company standards
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to safely drive the truck and operate equipment
- Must be able to read and interpret a key map and GPS to locate service addresses
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
Equal Opportunity Employer