The Vice President of Public Relations & Corporate Initiatives reports directly to the Chairman & CEO, and is responsible for developing and managing the organization’s relationships, meetings and events with city officials, community organizations and other stakeholders. This individual in this high profile position is also responsible for partnering with the leadership team on corporate initiatives, special projects and philanthropic efforts.
- Led strategic and tactical planning efforts to enhance the company’s visibility and image.
- Develop, foster and manage relationships with media via proactive outreach and responsiveness to requests.
- Manage company’s charitable giving program and provide regular reports to management.
- Draft and prepare speeches, presentations, talking points and other supporting materials for senior leadership.
- Develop and manage resource database for use in proposals and presentations, such as leader bios, project profiles, company overviews and photographs.
- Partner with development company to provide assistance on proposals and presentations.
- Plan and coordinate company events, including ground breakings, ribbon cuttings, community improvement and volunteer projects and employee events.
- Research and prepare applications for corporate and project award and recognition opportunities.
- Research and stay informed of legislation, city programs, policies and initiatives that may impact the company and report to senior leadership.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with community organizations that provide programs beneficial to residents in WC Smith properties.
- Maintain key relationships with WC Smith non-profit partner Building Bridges Across the River to coordinate financial, volunteer and program support.
- Participate on planning committee for company’s annual Summer Youth Employment Program
- Manage corporate projects and initiatives under direction of the CEO. Examples of previous initiatives include: managing restoration of Oxon Run, establishing the Skyland Workforce Center and the recent launch of Building Bridges to a Better Life, a partnership with DC to transition homeless families to permanent housing.
- BS Degree, preferably in communications, public relations or journalism.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in real estate industry preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects independently under firm deadlines.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to engage with senior management, city agency officials, community leaders, project funders, residents, and the media
WC Smith is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V and we value our diverse workforce.