WC Smith has an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Specialist to join our Village of Parklands team. The successful candidate will take ownership of HUD compliance requirements in accordance with goals, policies, and procedures of the HUD-subsidized multifamily housing program and WC Smith. This position requires significant interaction with our tax and credit office.
- Ensures compliance with all HUD Program requirements as it relates to associated contracts and agreements.
- Ensures compliance with HUD income requirements, utility allowances, and yearly rent updates. Analyzes data and routinely run reports.
- Reviews monthly activity in HUD software, Yardi and Onesite systems to ensure accuracy.
- Determines eligibility for assistance and occupancy of all applicants in accordance with program guidelines.
- Processes, original, initial, interim, and transfer certifications and yearly re-certification of residents.
- Maintains and audits HUD files in accordance with the program and WC Smith.
- Trains new management and leasing staff to ensure proper compliance with program requirements.
- Associate’s degree in real estate or a relevant discipline; or equivalent applicable work experience in property management and assisted housing and/or tax credit compliance.
- Current Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) certification (required)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of proven success performing most of the duties outlined above.
- Ability to process a high volume of work.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to process computer data and format/generate reports.
- Mathematical knowledge to include basic addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and computing averages.
- Exemplary problem-solving and analytic skills.
- Yardi or Onesite software experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
WC Smith is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.