WC Smith has an exciting opportunity for a Community Manager, to manage both N Street Village Apartments and Miriam House, located in Northwest, DC. The successful candidate will maintain a high level of customer service and have excellent communication skills. This position requires significant interaction with employees, owner representatives, residents, and prospective tenants on a regular basis.
· Communicates effectively with management, owner representatives, employees, and vendors.
. Respond to phone inquiries and provide rental information
· Prepare and process rental applications and lease packages for review and approval by the corporate office and LITHC Department.
· Enter data pertaining to potential residents into the computer ·
· Communicates effectively with residents and owner representatives, resolving issues at the property to the extent possible.
· Greets prospects and obtains information for leasing purposes
· Oversees leasing, delinquent resident accounts, maintenance, and housekeeping personnel to achieve corporate and community goals.
· Oversees all work performed by contractors to ensure the timely and cost-effective completion of projects.
· Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to fair housing policies at all times.
· Manages the process of access to units and the policies and procedures established by the WC Smith for the administration of a controlled unit key access system.
. Manages a team of eight employees
· Perform regular, unit and property inspections to ensure that both properties are maintained at all times in a manner consistent with WC Smith standards.
· Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel software), as well as Yardi.
· Outstanding customer service, with excellent organizational skills
· Two years or more of residential leasing and or property management experience
· Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to successfully pass a background screen and maintain a record that satisfies these requirements.
· Lease-up and LITHC experience is a plus.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Nonprofit experience is a plus
WC Smith is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.