JOB TITLE: Program Management, Mid/Program Analyst- F35 JPO
Project provides support to the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter Joint Program Office (JPO) located in Crystal City (Arlington), VA. The JPO manages the development, test, production, fielding and sustainment of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter for the USAF, USMC, USN, and International Partner and FMS customer nations worldwide..
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs critical program management, technical, or business analysis of major DoD acquisition systems and provides recommendations to ensure program success in support of the F-35 APD for Production. Provides program analysis support for all aspects of the program. Collects, completes, organizes, and interprets technical data and financial information relating to aircraft acquisition and product programs. Tracks program/project status and schedules. Participates as a member of and/or supports and integrates with the specified IPTs and IPT directed business meetings. Assists in the coordination efforts regarding programmatic, technical, and sustainment areas, including program management, systems engineering, personnel management, scheduling, risk management, contracting, acquisition, budgeting/funding, configuration management, integration, testing, life cycle logistics and training.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active Secret clearance
- BS or BA degree in Business, Management or a degree relevant to the position. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: An AS or AA degree and an additional four (4) years of experience; or an additional six (6) years of experience may be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
- At least four (4) years of experience in program management, technical or business analysis discipline; and included in the four (4) years, there must be two (2) years professional experience in technical efforts supporting major weapon systems and components development.
- Demonstrated experience in the program/project status and schedules.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Service and OSD policy and documentation related to PPBS, life-cycle management of military acquisition programs (as specified in the DoD 5000 series). Must have experience processing program acquisition, funding and contract documentation for military aircraft programs both domestic and international.
- Familiarity with DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.2 (Operation of the Defense Acquisition System), DoD Directive (DODD) 5530.03 (International Agreements), and the International Cooperation in Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (IC in AT&L) Handbook.
- Possesses exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, policies, and practices of system acquisition to plan, organize, and coordinate critical aspects of the development, production, deployment, and sustainment of systems, subsystems, and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the system equipment life-cycle phases and the documentation, analyses, and reviews associated with those phases.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
WORK LOCATION: Crystal City, VA
KEY WORDS: Program Management, DoD, weapon systems, components development, PPBS, life-cycle management, military acquisition programs, DoD 5000 series, domestic and/or international military programs, program/project status and schedules, Service and OSD policy and documentation, program acquisition, funding and contract documentation, military aircraft programs, DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.2 (Operation of the Defense Acquisition System), DoD Directive (DODD) 5530.03 (International Agreements), and the International Cooperation in Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (IC in AT&L) Handbook, system acquisition, development, production, deployment, sustainment of systems, subsystems, equipment, system equipment life-cycle phases.