JOB TITLE: Compensation Specialist
WBB is seeking a Compensation Specialist with strong attention to detail and a can-do attitude to support the company’s Human Resources and Recruiting functions. The successful candidate will help create the framework of our total compensation design through research, analysis, and reports to ensure the company remains competitive. He/She will support management with policy development, communication, and training. The candidate will assist with administration of the performance appraisal program. This position will report to the Compensation/Benefits Manager.
Work location can be at our Corporate office in Reston, VA or in our Crystal City office location.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is accountable for the accuracy of job data maintained in the HR systems
- Coordinates with employees and managers to gather and document job, organizational, and occupational information including duties, responsibilities, and skills
- Assesses jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for each position in the organization; coordinates with managers to ensure descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by employees
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information
- Reviews/gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends
- Conducts data and cost analyses to be used in employee negotiations
- Researches employee compensation and benefits in similar industries; based on findings, recommends changes or updates management regarding the company’s existing total compensation, benefits or policies
- Conducts focus groups to collect employee feedback on specific issues or topics related to benefits and compensation
- Coordinates with upper management regarding preferred methods and best practices for hiring, training, compensating, and evaluating employees
- Stays current and compliant with applicable federal, state and local employment regulations, plus any OCONUS regulations as applicable for employees assigned overseas
- Coordinates with management regarding benefits and compensation policies and related Human Resources procedures. Communicates information with management and employees
- Assess current Performance Management process and system and make recommendations/implement opportunities for improvement where needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-4 years of compensation experience
- Strong understanding / experience in compensation and benefits (total compensation)
- HRIS experience; ADP preferred
- Knowledge of or experience in government contracting and human resource laws, regulations and best practices
- Exceptional Customer Service manner when dealing with employees, management, candidates, vendors, etc
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong time-management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with strong emphasis in Excel
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) and related data / reporting requirements
- Proficiency in Payroll
- SHRM-CP or World@Work CCP preferred
WORK LOCATION: Reston, VA
KEY WORDS: Compensation, Salary Administration, Job Analysis, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance, Service Contract Act (SCA) experience, Salary Analysis, Salary Surveys, Compensation Plans, Compensation Processes, Total Compensation #MON
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.