Electrical Project Engineer
New York, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- $68,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Responsible for representing WB in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members. You will be responsible for providing trade specific system design: layout, calculations, and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades in collaboration with more senior technical staff.
- Support the electrical and lighting design of systems for various projects - including power systems, lighting, fire alarm and other signal systems.
- Primary role will be assisting with production of all outgoing projects
- Make calculations using engineering formulas and skills for design such as heating and cooling loads, lighting calculations, power distribution calculations, and equipment sizing.
- Layout portions of ductwork and piping systems or branch circuitry based on schematic layout by Project Designer/Engineer.
- Select equipment based on recommendations of Project Designer/Engineer and fill out equipment schedules.
- Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters.
- Research design options, code issues and ask general questions of code officials and document findings for Project Designer/Engineer.
- Assure that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- May serve as onsite project representative.
- Keep Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project scope or additional services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-7 years’ consulting design experience, preferably in the Data Centers, Life Science, Energy and Commercial sectors
- AutoCAD, Revit proficiency
- Strong understanding of applicable design and building codes.
WB Engineers+Consultants is a consulting engineering practice supporting corporate end users nationally in Life Science, Mission Critical, Secured Facilities, Manufacturing/Logistics, Base Building and Commercial Interiors MEP/FP/IT/AV/Security engineering solutions. As One WB we are a growing, diverse, team focused ESOP headquartered in New York, NY with 12 offices coast to coast serving our clients nationally. We are seeking strategic, energetic, creative and dedicated employees to support our continued growth.
33 Whitehall Street New YorkNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?