Telecom Construction Manager - Small Cells and Fiber
Des Moines, IA
Responsible for all aspects of construction on company projects including; supervision of construction managers, on-site management, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives. Represent company as the expert on construction issues relating to DAS and small cell projects, including public right-of-way oDAS & Small Cells along with the associated outside plant construction methods. Oversight will include activities related to above and below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node construction and related utility make-ready. Ensure all assigned projects are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline of customer and company. Ensure Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost. Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures in support of company objectives
- May supervise one or more construction managers in the execution of their project responsibilities.
- Responsible for negotiating preferred pricing with vendors and continuing to drive costs down in the market.
- Ensure delivery expectations are met every month and help offset any pushed-out sites with potential sites to pull in.
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, precon walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout.
- Ensure Project Manager is updated daily on the status of construction and aware of any issues that will impact project cost, quality or timely completion.
- Ensure Site Tracker is Updated daily.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with company construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Act as company safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with company safety program and related workmanship practices
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or must have equivalent experience
- A valid driver’s license required
- Minimum five (5) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground)
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing
- Travel within assigned region approximately 40%
- Knowledge of budget development and execution
- Knowledge of construction management process
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills - MS office and project management software knowledge
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform Senior Construction Manager functions such as handling a high volume of projects with elevated scope, scale and complexity